Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?
Minted is looking for a Production Designer to join our Creative Studio team. The ideal candidate will have strong production, typographic, and layout skills; strict attention to detail, outstanding organization, project management, and file-organization are a must. S/he should have experience in both physical and digital mediums, excelling at delivering high-quality work that is consistent with Minted’s brand no matter what the forum. Thorough knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop is required. S/he should be concerned with resolution and overall image quality, understand the difference and use cases for CMYK, RGB, spot and process colors, vector or raster objects, as well as have a keen eye, catching the typos everyone else misses and making sure items are aligned within specifications.
The appropriate candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, and has the ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team through effective communication and collaboration. You must be self-motivated, comfortable with ambiguity, ambitious, curious, and be able to deliver projects with the utmost attention to detail.
- Take creative direction from Creative Directors and/or Art Directors and execute production of designs accordingly;
- Create web-ready graphics in multiple dimensions and formats from final creative designs;
- Own the page weight standards and procedures, including slicing graphics, file naming, image compression and optimization;
- Handle basic design changes, such as color or text modifications and layout changes;
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of print projects;
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production;
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time;
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with business stakeholders;
- Consistently apply and enforce style/brand guidelines as it pertains to typography and imagery.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Production Design or equivalent, with 3+ years of experience working at an agency or in-house creative organization;
- Knowledge in both digital and print production design, with a deep understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat; Sketch and AfterEffects experience is a plus;
- Expert level understanding and at least 3 years experience producing web ready graphics, including the following: Creating email and web assets, Image resizing & compression, Slicing graphics, Minor retouching to imagery, Page weight optimization
- Ability to work on multiple assignments/deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Effective communication and collaboration skills;
- Strong time management skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines;
- Print quality, press check experience, a plus;
- Ecommerce experience, a plus.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider all qualified applicants for employment in accordance with all state, local, and federal laws. Minted participates in the E-verify program.