Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?
Minted’s online shopping experience allows consumers to discover, customize, and purchase from an extensive assortment of different products and categories, all beautifully designed by independent artists around the world.
As a Senior Product Manager on our e-Commerce team, you will be a steward of the Minted customer’s shopping experience, developing features that elevate the shared shopping platform and helping build products for some of Minted’s fastest growing categories.
The successful candidate will have a passion for online shopping, merchandise, and building consumer shopping experiences that deliver retail success across multiple categories and a wide variety of products.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of the Minted customer and every detail of the Minted shopping experience
- Monitor ecommerce and retail trends, best practices, and competitive consumer experiences
- Gather and distill requirements from Minted customers, merchandising, marketing, and other stakeholders; developing these into cohesive and actionable ideas for improving the shopping experience
- Translate business requirements into product specifications that consider every last detail of the consumer experience for new features and products
- Integrate usability studies, user research data, and competitive analysis into product requirements to ensure products satisfy customer needs
- Drive product development execution including daily scrums, sprint planning, maintaining product specs and backlog, and coordinating design, development and QA activities
- Effectively communicate product roadmap and feature release schedules and status to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Influence commerce and business roadmaps through proposal of new features and functionality backed by customer insights, data and well developed hypotheses
- Coordinate with other product managers and designers to ensure the cohesiveness of the overall user experience
- A Retail fanatic that eats, sleeps, and breathes online shopping
- A clearly effective partner with engineering to translate product requirements into development-ready use cases and then drive project implementation, testing, and launch
- Incredibly detail-oriented with an ability to identify all customer use cases and product details needed to deliver a successful shopping experience
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 5-7 years experience in ecommerce, retail, or merchandising
- 7-10 years product management experience, building and shipping ecommerce or direct-to-consumer products and features
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to define a course of action in the face of complexity and ambiguity
- Project management skills and ability to plan, set expectations, make and meet commitments
- Superb analytical skills and ability to effectively use data to investigate and solve problems and make decisions
- Strong bias for action and results-orientation, proven capability to own complex problems and projects end-to-end and deliver results in the face of impediments
- A ‘Fast-twitch’ response and ability to pivot quickly when needed, thriving in a rapid-pace environment
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider all qualified applicants for employment in accordance with all state, local, and federal laws. Minted participates in the E-verify program.