Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?
The Minted UX team is looking for an experienced team member who is passionate about design and curious about customers. We are creating an intuitive, engaging, one-of-a-kind product that empowers independent artists as well as our customers. We design experiences for our community of artists, our ecommerce platform and our unique customization engine.
The Minted UX team collaborates closely with PM, Engineering and Brand Marketing partners. We also execute and share customer research and usability studies that serve as a resource for the entire company.
- Design product experiences and features that engage and delight our customers
- Assist team members in generating ideas and defining requirements through sketches, user journeys, wireframes and final visual designs
- Be a strong voice of the customer and e-commerce innovation
- Collaborate closely with product managers and front-end developers
- Perform user research and evaluate customer behaviors/feedback to understand pain points and create new features for our mobile and desktop users
- Adapt to flexible processes that may change over time
- Well versed in the established standards of e-commerce best practices
- Willing to push the envelope and reinvent those standards
- Curious about customers and experienced in gathering qualitative and quantitative insights
- A generous collaborator who is eager to work with others on projects from defining requirements to evaluation of success
- Detail obsessed and experienced working with and contributing to a shared Design system
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 4-6 years of UI/UX experience with a consumer-facing Internet company
- eCommerce, mobile or marketplace/community experience is preferred
- Experience supporting the design process by creating user studies, user flows, wireframes, UI designs, prototypes, annotations and other deliverables
- Enthusiasm and optimism—combined with great listening and communication skills
- A portfolio of work that illustrates both your design process as well as solutions and results
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider all qualified applicants for employment in accordance with all state, local, and federal laws. Minted participates in the E-verify program.