HoneyBook is a business management platform for creative entrepreneurs that centralizes and automates workflow, digital payments, and generates business opportunities for our customers. We champion technology as our ally in celebrating human passion and originality. At HoneyBook, every day we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. If you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment, join our team!
We’re looking for an awesome UI designer to join our Product Team to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences with pixel-perfect detail. The team is passionate about designing a magical tool for creative entrepreneurs. Your focus will be re-imagining HoneyBook’s core web tools.
As part of the design team, you'll contribute to the vision, interaction, user experience and overall aesthetic of HoneyBook as a platform and brand. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills. You will own the core web experience and heavily impact HoneyBook’s platform-wide visual language.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Ship innovative & impactful features that deliver value: Work with team members to ideate, design and bring to life innovative ideas. Ensure HoneyBook is focused on the right things at the right time for its user base. Follow key success metrics for your shipped features to inform future planning and design decisions.
- Create pixel-perfect designs: Transform complex ideas into amazing designs. Go from wireframes, to prototypes, to pixel-perfect designs. Use your design skills to rapidly test product hypotheses to meet company goals.
- Design for the user, through data: Know your users, know your domain, and know your data so you can use this insight to inform your design of intuitive web, mobile, and product experiences. Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to inform your design decisions. Rally with teammates to design a product that our customers can’t imagine living without. Champion the user at all times.
- Shape a company: Be a team player and help evolve the HoneyBook culture and other departments. Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to propose durable and accessible solutions. Influence other departments, such as Marketing, Sales or Operations with your savvy tech & design experience.
- Evolve our product’s visual language: Focus on shipping accessible, inclusive and efficient components. Contribute to our evolving design system and design infrastructure.
Here is what is needed:
- You have design chops for days. You’ve shipped consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences
- A solid understanding of the latest interaction design patterns in responsive web design
- Experience with design for native mobile apps on iOS and Android
- A team player who can effectively collaborate with developers and embrace a “pair design” mindset
- A fierce sense of pride and ownership over the quality of the product
- Excellent understanding of color theory, typography and layout
- Detail orientation, with equal levels of craft in visual and UX design
- Clearly articulate design decisions that are supported by sound rationale
- Technical enough to fluently talk through engineering requirements and constraints
- Enjoy rapid iterations and comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Being up to date with the latest design trends, techniques and tools
The good stuff:
- Mission-driven: You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact: We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to unlimited paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge - our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in six years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $72M and is backed by investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.