We are looking for a stellar Director of Finance to join our team! Reporting to the CFO, you will have the opportunities to build out the FP&A function and manage various aspects of the finance operations. If you have a strong FP&A background, experience with startups as well as public companies, excellent analytical skill, superb modeling and communication skills, enjoy rolling up your sleeves and jumping in, then read on!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead the budget planning and on-going forecasting process;
- Track actual performance against plan and maintain a real-time forecast for the remainder of the fiscal periods;
- Be a trusted partner to the business. Deliver value-added business analysis, defining and reporting meaningful financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful business decision-making;
- Develop methodologies, dashboards, models for budgeting and reporting; Create and maintain SaaS metrics, KPIs etc.
- Work with business leadership to analyze business opportunities, investments, partnerships, process improvement programs and research various industry/company trends;
- Responsible for periodic benchmarking and cohort studies;
- Assess and analyze progress of business initiatives, report results, recommend course corrections where appropriate;
- Support the contract approval process, provide financial guidance to the Sales team, review and approve sales contracts;
- Analyze sales productivity, revenue growth and retention, unit economics, and margins;
- Work with the sales leadership and sales ops to create sales compensation plans and quota setting;
- Collaborate with other members of the Finance team on a variety of initiatives, including, but not limited to, the monthly close process, quote to cash process, etc;
- Lead the budgeting tool selection and implementation; Partner with the accounting team to complete the Netsuite implementation;
- Support the CFO with various ad hoc projects, including preparation for the board meetings, company meetings and fundraising.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business from a top tier institution;
- CPA, CFA or MBA strongly preferred;
- 15+ years of working experience in FP&A and finance operations, with a minimum of 5 years at a large public company;
- Strong understanding of business performance metrics, including SaaS metrics, dashboards and KPIs;
- High proficiency in financial analysis methods, tools and concepts to prepare forecasts and perform analyses;
- Excellent statistical, analytical and quantitative skills;
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner;
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within a dynamic environment with enthusiasm;
- Ability to think big and dive deep;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills;
- Experience in Budgeting and Accounting systems implementation a plus.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.