Are you interested in Internet of Things (IOT), Real Time Streaming Analytics, DevOps, or building systems to solve very interesting real-world problems? InfluxData is looking Sales Engineering leader who not only has a love of technology but also has a passion for helping customers discover what is possible and leading a team designing solutions to solve problems.
In this role, you will partner with Sales leadership to drive processes designed to optimize highly technical sales cycles. This is a strategic function which will be critical to the revenue goals of the company. In addition you will collaborate with Customer Success, Product Management and Engineering teams to educate prospects and customers, contribute to future product requirements and act as a technical expert for customer needs
We are open to candidates in our San Francisco headquarters or remotely in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work closely with the InfluxData Sales team leaders to drive revenue
- Build a strong repeatable Sales Engineering playbook designed to uncover technical criteria and efficiently achieve technical wins
- Design a time bounded POC process that effectively proves product capabilities
- Develop a gold standard demo strategy that tells a compelling technical story
- Work with Customer Success to develop strong transition process designed for a great customer experience and setup for upsell opportunities
- Act as a point of escalation in strategic deals
- Understand the needs of prospects and customers, helping them design solutions addressing their requirements and exploring the “Art of the Possible”
- Develop a deep understanding of the InfluxData products and technologies and work closely with Engineering and Support to resolve critical technical issues
- Represent the voice of the customer by taking product improvement input from your team and collaborating with Product Management
- Hire, mentor and grow a passionate, driven and successful team
- Provide leadership to a team that manages concurrent pre-sales cycles, creates solutions, develops blog posts and evangelizes the product solution
- Partner closely with sales leadership to structure a team that supports all revenue generating activities
- Drive ongoing team learning to ensure technical enablement
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- 10+ years experience in the Sales Engineering field or similar technical role
- 4+ years in Sales Engineering leadership
- Excellent presentation skills (verbal & written)
- A creative mindset to help customers realize what is possible and the ability to be able to explain complex technical problems in a simple way
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Background with hands on experience in Linux system administration, development (i.e. Go Lang, Java, Python, Ruby or even shell) and networking
- Ability to travel at least 20% of the time
- Proven experience remaining flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment
A plus if you have:
- A background with any sort of database system whether its relational, key-value store, or a document store. Basic SQL wouldn’t hurt either.
- Knowledge or experience with Containers and/or orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, Apache Mesos or DC/OS
- Open Source Software and Git.
- Data Analytics. InfluxData is about time-series data
- Experience with Cloud Providers such as AWS, GCE, or Microsoft Azure
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.