Are you interested in Internet of Things (IOT), Real Time Streaming Analytics, DevOps, or building systems to solve very interesting real-world problems? InfluxData is looking for our next Sales Engineer in EMEA who not only has a love of technology but also has a passion for helping customers discover what is possible and designing solutions to solve problems.
In this role, you will partner with the EMEA sales team members to identify and prove out technical criteria critical to time series solutions. This is a strategic function which will be critical to the revenue goals of the company. In addition you will collaborate with Support, Product Management and Engineering teams to educate prospects and customers, contribute to future product requirements and act as a technical expert for customer needs.
We are open to candidates in the DACH and UK regions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the InfluxData Sales team to drive revenue
- Partner with the EMEA sales team to identify technical criteria, drive the proof of concept process and remove any technical blockers to purchase
- Provide technical guidance and know-how during sales cycle
- Educate prospects and customers about InfluxData products and how they can be leveraged
- Understand the needs of prospects and customers, helping them design solutions addressing their requirements and exploring the “Art of the Possible”
- Develop a deep understanding of the InfluxData products and technologies and work closely with Engineering and Support to resolve critical technical issues
- Be an advocate for prospects and customers with the InfluxData Engineering, Product and Support Teams
- Develop technical demos and compelling use cases that sell the value of the InfluxData platform
- Conduct speaking engagements for technical conferences acting as an InfluxData technical representative
- Write content for blogs, community, etc.
Your skills and experience:
- 4+ years experience as a Sales Engineer or similar hands on technical role
- Excellent presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Unrelenting drive to use your technical skills and ability to influence to close a deal
- A creative mindset to help customers realize what is possible and the ability to be able to explain complex technical problems in a simple way
- Ability to build relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Coding chops. Whether your language of choice is Go Lang, Java, Python, Ruby or even shell, it’s important for members of the field team to be capable of cracking open an editor and digging in to better help our customers
- Linux Beyond the Fundamentals ideally with multiple distributions
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time
- Proven experience remaining flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment
- Proficient in written and spoken English
A plus if you have:
- A background with any sort of database system whether its relational, key-value store, or a document store. Basic SQL wouldn’t hurt either.
- Knowledge or experience with Containers and/or orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, Apache Mesos or DC/OS
- Open Source Software and Git.
- Data Analytics. InfluxData is about time-series data
- Architectures- having an understanding or background of distributed or clustered systems will definitely help
- Experience with Cloud Providers such as AWS, GCE, or Microsoft Azure
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.