The primary function of the role is to support the economics and corporate development and planning team by conducting economic and market research as well as data analysis. The position will examine economic data from government and industry sources and stay up to date with global economic developments. The position will help create and present key findings and forecasts to business leaders.
Prevedere is an industry insights and predictive analytics company helping business leaders make better decisions by providing a real-time view of their company’s future
While most companies can easily report on internal performance, Prevedere’s external real-time insights engine constantly monitors the world’s activity, identifying future threats or opportunities to business performance. Along with a team of industry experts, data scientist, and economists, Prevedere helps business leaders make the right decisions in an ever-changing world.
Prevedere is a fast-growing company backed by top Silicon Valley Invertors and Microsoft Ventures.
Named a 2017 Red Herring North America Top 100 Company and the Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year by the 2016 American Business Awards, Prevedere works with over 40 top global companies.
What will you do
- Conduct economic analysis
- Create and deliver management presentations on economic and market developments
- Develop weekly and monthly economic briefings for senior leadership
- Create and maintain economic forecasting models
- Foster relationships with business stakeholders to align on key planning processes
- Lead data analytics initiatives and key projects
- Search, collect, and organize economic and financial data from official and third-party sources
- Conduct surveys and utilize various sampling techniques
- Analyze economic data and market trends to tell compelling stories. Deliverables include long research papers, short policy briefs, and fact sheets
- Create databases with data from multiple sources; identifying and resolving data issues
- Analyze data and presenting findings in charts and tables. Develop statistical and econometric models for economic forecasting
- Review and synthesize academic literature, trade publications, and government reports
- Conduct industry and market research on a variety of topics and issues
- Write and edit key research deliverables such as research papers, policy briefs, one-pagers, infographics, and custom research requests
- Strategic planning and management of research projects
What will you bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of professional hands-on experience with economic consulting and/or quantitative research
- Experience writing and editing economic research and/or communication materials
- Familiarity with data sources such as Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Economic Analysis, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, Federal Reserve System, and commercial statistical publications
- Excellent communication, organizational, research, and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong understanding of public policies, economics, data, and analytics
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both orally and in writing
- Able to work independently or in a team
- Must be a critical thinker and able to use sound judgment in completing tasks
What you will get
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation possible
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).