CognitiveScale’s Augmented Intelligence software helps businesses apply AI and Blockchain technology to solve complex business problems at scale for financial services, healthcare, and digital commerce markets. We are funded by Intel Capital, IBM Watson and Microsoft Ventures among others and our software is backed by the 4th highest AI patents and patent portfolio in the industry behind IBM, Google, and Microsoft.
We also have a comprehensive benefits program and a fun culture with catered lunch every day.
This role reports directly to our Controller and has the following responsibilities:
- Monthly close activities including preparing/reviewing journal entries and preparing account reconciliations for US and foreign entities
- Reviewing customer contracts and proactively managing billings and revenue recognition schedules
- Managing the AP process and assisting in cash forecasting
- Preparing consolidation entries and reviewing intercompany accounts for accuracy
- Evaluating and recommending changes to the accounting processes including documenting and maintaining accounting procedures in support of continuous improvement efforts
- Assisting with year-end audit
- Assisting with monthly financial reporting preparation and applicable variance analysis
- Preparing ad hoc financial reports as required
- Researching transactions within various general ledger accounts, as needed
- Prepare tax reports for various taxing authorities
- Review the work of others for accuracy, as needed
- CognitiveScale US and UK accounting and payroll review
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with 5 or more years of accounting experience
- CPA and/or strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience in the software industry is preferred
- Organized self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time in high growth, fast-paced environment
- Positive “can-do” attitude and is ready to jump in and make things happen
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism including the ability to successfully manage sensitive or confidential information
- Proven ability to identify process inefficiencies, offer recommendations for improvements and implement solutions
- Strong computer and analytical skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Experience with Intacct accounting software is a plus
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other means.