At Clarus Commerce, our focus is on the employee, their growth and their work/life balance satisfaction is always Top of Mind. The minute you step through the door, you’ll be joining a company that values everyone’s opinion, rewards and recognizes exemplary work, and loves to have fun.
You’ll also be a part of a business that is constantly being recognized for excellence. We’ve been chosen as a “Top Workplace” seven years in a row, we have been named one of Boston’s Best & Brightest, a “Top Company Culture” nationally and have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Cosmopolitan and Time Magazine. Life is too short, so join a company where you can turn a job into a career—and have a great time doing it.
Clarus Commerce specializes in building custom premium loyalty programs for our clients. We also have a direct to consumer business where we manage consumer facing subscription shopping products, such as ShopSmarter and FreeShipping.com.
About the Internship:
Clarus Commerce is currently looking for a Junior or Senior in college to come work with our Accounting and Finance team for an eight-week paid summer internship! We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization from June 1st to August 14th. In this position, you will work with the team to account for financial activities and analyze the financial performance of the company and its IT-driven marketing service products. In this role, you will analyze the business consequences of the company’s financial and operational activities. To do so, you will compile data, develop reports, and present financial information and analysis to business teams.
This Intern will support our current Accounting Manager and Financial Analysts using applications including: Sage Intacct, Tableau, Adaptive and Excel. You’ll enjoy our progressive company culture, collaborative environment, our hustle, and being fully immersed in the day to day business operations here at Clarus. This internship is approximately a 40/week commitment, Monday through Friday, $16.00/hour. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support accounting manager and financial analysts, Controller and CFO as required.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities to support Accounting and Finance special projects
- Accumulate information required to perform financial analysis using the Company business and financial reporting tools
- Help ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements by driving completion of Accounting and Finance special projects and process improvement initiatives
- Drive profitability by analyzing and reporting to management on financial results
- Support month-end financial closings and reforecasts
Desired Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be working towards an Accounting and/or Finance degree and will have demonstrated the following characteristics:
- High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program to receive credit
- You’re entering your junior or senior undergrad-year in college, seeking a Bachelor's degree
- Must be 18 years of age
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and financial accounting concepts
- Ability to assist in analyzing financial results to drive decision making
- Understand how information systems support efficient accounting and finance processes
- Strong desire to learn and take on additional responsibility and willingness to take direction
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel