At Clarus Commerce, our focus is on the employee, their growth and their work/life balance satisfaction is always Top of Mind. The minute you step through the door, you’ll be joining a company that values everyone’s opinion, rewards and recognizes exemplary work, and loves to have fun.
You’ll also be a part of a business that is constantly being recognized for excellence. We’ve been chosen as a “Top Workplace” seven years in a row, we have been named one of Boston’s Best & Brightest, a “Top Company Culture” nationally and have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Cosmopolitan and Time Magazine. Life is too short, so join a company where you can turn a job into a career—and have a great time doing it.
Clarus Commerce specializes in building custom premium loyalty programs for our clients. We also have a direct to consumer business where we manage consumer facing subscription shopping products, such as ShopSmarter and FreeShipping.com.
About the Internship
We are looking for a junior or senior in college to come work with our IT (Engineering) Team for an eight- week paid summer Internship! We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization from June 1st to August 14th. This individual will join a highly skilled IT/Operations organization and will be responsible to work on our existing websites building both backend services and frontend pages.
You’ll enjoy our progressive company culture, collaborative environment, our hustle, and being fully immersed in the day to day business operations here at Clarus. This internship is approximately a 40/week commitment, Monday through Friday, $20.00/hour. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in building backend functionality for new or enhanced website features.
- Assist in implementing frontend designs into existing websites.
- Participate in Quality Assurance and website testing.
- Provide technical support, complete research assignments, collect data, and deliver
- Create support and technical documents
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program to receive credit
- Must be 18 years of age
- You’re entering your junior or senior undergrad-year in college, seeking a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System, Information Technology or related field.
- Preferably proficient in C# or experience with C++, or Java
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Strong work ethic and the abilities to work independently on projects
- Strong academics and laboratory experience
- Willing to learn new technologies across multiple areas
- Ability to prepare and deliver solutions in front of peers