Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 27 buildings, 6 cities, and over 800 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, and Washington, D.C. and receive over 3,000 new member applications per week.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Our Design + Construction team is looking for a detail oriented professional to purchase the FF&E for our growing network of homes. Beyond Common's FF&E procurement needs, the role will be innovative. The Purchasing Agent will optimize processes and reduce supplier costs. This role will report to our Supply Chain Manager and is based in New York City.
- Purchase all FF&E for new homes and replacements for operational homes
- Develop, improve and execute purchasing strategies
- Manage product lead times, ensure project timelines are met and problem solve issues should they arise
- Track orders, deliveries and inventory to ensure FF&E has arrived
- Negotiate trading terms and discounts
- Manage and report on project budgets
- Analyze FF&E replacement costs and procurement expenses to identify trends and opportunities
- Approve payments and maintain records of all transactions, purchase orders and receipts
- And other ad-hoc projects and responsibilities from time to time and based on business needs
- 1-2 years minimum in a purchasing our buying position (experience using an ERP system a bonus, although not required)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to manage tasks and deadlines across multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail + resourceful problem solver
- Emotional Intelligence + strong interpersonal skills
- BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave (up to 16 weeks!) and a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + weekly happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.