Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. At Galvanize, we help our 7,000 customers in 140 countries make a direct impact on the world every day. We do that by creating security, risk management, compliance, and audit software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse in their organizations.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with an award-winning culture, we’ve grown to include ten global offices. We work with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. Our Values are Customer Intensity, Disruptive Innovation, and Authenticity, and they influence everything we do.
As a Manager on our User Experience Design team in Vancouver, you will play a critical role as a creative leader and people manager. Your primary focus will be helping your team be as successful as possible at executing on the product strategy and UX commitments. You will be an advocate for designing great software in collaboration with our UX Development, Product Design, Product Management, and Development teams. You'll also collaborate with the rest of the UX team on advancing our design system.
You are a creative problem solver that helps others expand their thinking as well. You thrive on change and operate on trust, leveraging the diverse perspectives of the people on your team to guide the way forward. You are curious and optimistic, but never satisfied. You obsess over continuous improvement and finding a better path to success. You support the development of people and culture that makes Galvanize an amazing place to work.
What you need to succeed
- Experience using research tools such as usability testing, usage metrics, and other qualitative and quantitative practices to drive design solutions and influence strategies
- Experience designing and delivering B2B or enterprise-scale SaaS software with collaboration across departments
- Familiarity and comfort with utilizing Design Thinking as a language and tool to ship software
- An understanding of the costs, risks, trade-offs of a design decision, in terms of development effort required, platform consistency, and reusability
- Proven experience delivering intuitive solutions using tools like scenario writing, user flow diagrams, low fidelity wireframes, and high fidelity mockups
- At ease with giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Learn more by reading our overview of the Manager of UX Design role description
Why you’ll love working here
- You’ll tackle unique challenges and face the unknown often, supported by an amazing team who really want you to succeed.
- Your growth opportunities are endless. From professional development to job shadowing, we’ll work with you to make your career goals happen.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We believe in mentorship, supporting students to explore opportunities in STEM, and many other important causes.
- You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, onsite gym and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy, paid days off to volunteer in your community, relocation opportunities to our international offices and more.
Ready to apply?
Thanks for your interest! Apply at wegalvanize.com/careers. We are accepting applications through January 20, 2020. Once we’re reviewed your application and determined it’s a match, we’ll reach out with next steps. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We invite you to check us out on wegalvanize.com, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.