At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.
Customer Success at Karat
Customer Success delivers the solution and expertise that makes it possible to transform a hiring process into a competitive advantage--it is the critical function that helps ensure our clients get maximum ROI on their investment in Karat. Unlike many SaaS/B2B companies, we build large, long-term, enterprise-level partnerships with our clients, with Customer Success driving much of that journey. Our solution is both repeatable and consultative and will require a leader who knows how to excel at both of these characteristics: as our Director of Customer Success, you will be responsible for leading our team to deliver value directly to our clients while also building out a best-in-class playbook for the program.
- Drive value creation and ROI across our client portfolio.
- Build and lead the Customer Success function. You will hire, motivate, and develop Customer Success team members and develop the playbooks, processes, and systems that the team will use to scale.
- Establish yourself and your team as a trusted advisor to our customers. This includes building relationships with key customer stakeholders (e.g. CEO/CTOs, VPs of Engineering, VPs of HR and Talent Acquisition) and driving the content for executive reviews
- Partner with the rest of the GTM team, including Sales, Account Management, and Solution Engineering to ensure that accounts are successful throughout their entire lifecycle. While not directly responsible for renewals and expansions, you will be a key part of the leadership team that drives those outcomes and unlocks new opportunities.
- Work closely with our CTO and VP of Engineering to ensure the needs of and opportunities for our clients are considered in our product roadmap
- Have at least 8 years of experience in customer success, account management, or professional services, with management/leadership experience. Prior experience working in either a SaaS environment or a B2B company required.
- Track record of operational excellence, knowing how to create systems that scale.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships within a variety of levels of an organization.
- Are skilled at storytelling and leveraging data to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Possess strong commercial instincts with a deep understanding of the customer lifecycle
- Have a passion for the problem we are trying to solve and a strong desire to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- You employ a growth mindset and learn quickly. Commitment to your team and colleagues personal growth both inside and outside of work
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.