Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health. We are a San Francisco-based healthcare and technology company, building a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. We are looking for seasoned engineers and software architects to help us design scalable and resilient systems.
As a Software Architect, you will be involved in articulating the unified technical vision of the Engineering department. You will be guiding, mentoring and helping our Product Engineering organization transform the vision into actionable requirements. You will have a direct influence on the infrastructure we build to support our product offerings, the products, and the extensibility of our digital health platform.
You will collaborate heavily with team leads and the engineering management team to make sure our technical implementations follow our architecture guiding principles, and provide a feedback loop as we constantly refine our processes over time.
How you can make an impact:
- You are motivated to drive pan-engineering initiatives and represent the Engineering department in cross-team discussions.
- You learn fast and are a versatile team player.
- You care about partnering with Product Engineering teams from ideation to the actual implementation phase, and maintenance phase.
- You strive to opportunistically pair-program with Engineers on complex matters, write elegant code, and review Merge Requests.
- You are biased towards shipping and iterating.
- You enjoy working in an agile, test-driven, pair-programming environment.
- You take pride in training and mentoring other engineers.
- You like collaborating with operational and DevOps teams.
- You are excited about continuously researching new technologies and making cases for evaluating them.
What you need for this role:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience with CS fundamentals.
- 2+ years in a Software Architecture related role.
- Ability to drive changes in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to define technical vision and articulate the need for new initiatives.
- Committed to help keep our patients’ data secure.
- Ability to collaborate with our Engineers (from Junior to Staff) and TPMs, and also non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Experience building scalable, performant, fault-tolerant and resilient systems.
- Experience building shared software libraries (Open Source/Free Software experience is a strong bonus but not required.)
- Proven experience with agile development and continuous integration.
- Proven experience integrating external vendor services into an existing platform.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture patterns.
- Detailed understanding of modern web architectures (practical cryptography, distributed systems, cloud vendors, observability, in-transit and at-rest encryption, ...)
- Detailed understanding of different types of APIs (REST, RPCs, SOAP, HL7, FHIR.)
- Experience working with different types of data stores (relational, NoSQL, key/value, column store) used for different workloads (both OLTP and OLAP) under different constraints (distributed, sharded, partitioned, …)
- Experience designing pipelines and systems around stream/event processing software (Kafka, Apache Flow, ...) in both real-time and batch modes.
- Willingness to contribute to our Engineering culture and mentor engineers.
- Data-driven/Evidence-driven mindset.
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, and a desire to influence the products we build.
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of documentation methodologies and requirements gathering.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 250,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.