As the Help Desk Manager, you will have the opportunity to impact the daily work lives of employees globally that are developing data and analytics solutions to solve some of today’s most complex business and societal problems. You will lead a dynamic group of individuals that provide an extraordinary level of service, support, and professionalism in a rapidly growing organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and develop our IT staff, including recruiting, training, managing escalations, and mentoring.
- Defining job roles and expectations and adjust performance to ensure that requests and incidents are handled to completion, SLAs are met, and a high level of satisfaction is maintained.
- Manage incoming Incidents by adopting Problem management techniques and ensure that problems are escalated and addressed.
- Manage company-wide initiatives and projects to deliver maximum value with minimal disruption.
- Collaborate with business leaders to understand their needs and identify solutions to meet those needs, while building on the strategic vision of existing applications.
- Develop strategies to scale the Help Desk as the organization grows.
- Design and implement internal policies, procedures based on industry standards to deliver exceptional service and improve efficiencies.
- Develop processes and procedures with other departments whose workflows interact with the Help Desk.
- Manage procurement and budget for the department, including asset management and control.
- Promote a culture of strong customer service, actively encouraging sharing of ideas and collaboration.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- Minimal 3 years of experience as an IT Help Desk Manager, or relevant experience.
- Positive and effective written and oral communications skills are a must.
- Ability to identify, investigate and solve complex technical and non-technical problems.
- Excellent project management skills, including coordinating with other business leaders as needed.
- Strong understanding of ITSM, specifically around Incident/Problem management.
Attention to detail, and an understanding on how specific details impact on a macro scale.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H