The Network Engineer role will be responsible for design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging, and implementation of network architecture in a mixed physical and virtual server environment. The Engineer should be able to architect, install, modify, and support various network technologies.
Minimum Education Required
Bachelor’s in Computer Science or 2-4 years’ experience as a Network Engineer or related data center management role in an enterprise IT environment.
- Ability to follow and create technical documents and procedures
- Ability to investigate and solve complex problems
- Ability to quickly diagnose and isolate hardware/software issues
- Works well in a team environment/regarded as a “team player”
- Fundamental understanding of general network topologies and TCP/UDP protocols used in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience of enterprise-level networking, including subnetting, switching and routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF, and specific service level protocols including VPN and SNMP.
- Demonstrated experience managing network devices, including firewalls, routers, switches, wireless, and load balancers
- Ability to architect and design solutions to meet security and compliance regulations
- Flexibility to adopt and implement new technologies using a variety of platforms and methods
- Strong communication skills to work with both collaborative cross-functional team of peers and departments within the company (product development, operations, networking, etc.)
- Experience with Windows and Linux including the cli
- Experience in the following technologies: Juniper, Arista, Cisco, Palo Alto, Ruckus, Infoblox and F5
- Experience in public cloud providers such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with Voice Technologies such as SIP and AudioCodes SBC
- Experience building and maintaining enterprise level monitoring solutions
- Familiarity with Cisco UCS and VMware
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, TCL, PowerShell, or VBScript
- Experience cabling equipment (both copper and fiber)
Functions and Responsibilities
- Architect and implement multi-site networking layer to support both internal and external customer functions
- Implement network segmentation with full layer-3 routing at all edge points
- Deploy site-to-site VPN tunnels for Appriss Data Network
- Diagnose and correct hardware/software problems without supervision
- Recommend strategy on IT network infrastructure changes
- Develop/deploy IT network infrastructure changes
- Document changes to infrastructure according to established procedures
- Review/implement system security
- Diagnose system hardware/software problems
- Maintain detailed documentation for IT infrastructure
- Independently manage large, complex projects
- Review application log files for problems or anomalies and correct or report them as necessary
- Racking Equipment as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
- Willingness to provide after-hours support and participate in an on-call rotation
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H