We’re seeking a driven and innovative Solution Architect to join our engineering team and help us generate solutions that grow our Health division. In the role of Solution Architect, you will be responsible for the creation, maintenance, and management of architectural models for our software products and their underlying technical ecosystem. You will be tasked to interpret, use, and apply information contained within our architecture (legacy, current, and strategic future) to transform, consult, and guide multiple initiatives. You will need to understand the current state, define future state, and help build the transition architecture to bridge current to future. Your role will be multifaceted and extremely dynamic. You will need to balance the needs of engineering along with those of the product, sales, and support teams as Appriss Health executes on concurrent projects across multiple product lines.
You are a skilled communicator. You communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical individuals. You can create written documentation, including architectural diagrams, that describe a solution. You communicate new ideas effectively so that all parties understand the benefit, cost, and effort required to implement a new solution. As the Solutions Architect you will work with our Engineering, Client Relations, Product teams and mid to upper Management.
You seek innovative solutions. You have experience seeing problems from different points of view and providing a simple yet elegant solution. You will learn our existing products and provide recommendations on how we could modify our architecture to increase reliability and scalability while still controlling costs.
You are a skilled engineer. Writing code for Appriss products is not your primary function, however you may be asked to write or review code from time to time and will be required to gain an understanding of our existing code base and technology stack. With an understanding of our technical ecosystem you will design solutions that align with the skills, tools, and strategies of our organization to create responsive, supportable, and scalable software products.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- 8-10 years of software development experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in an Architecture role including Solution, Application, Data, or Enterprise Architecture.
- Experience with database management systems, SQL and other associated query languages
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies, preferably experience with AWS
- Experience working in an agile delivery methodology.
- Deep knowledge and experience with service-oriented architectures, microservice architectures and associated methodologies (i.e., 12 factor app)
- Self-starter with an ability to solve problems with little or no direction and a passion for driving change
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for overall architecture, product, and application design
- Strong leadership skills to mentor and assist less experienced team members
Helpful / Preferred
- Experience developing web-based applications using Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Java, C# or other equivalent development languages
- Knowledge of Amazon Aurora and PostgreSQL database management systems
- Experience working with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with Atlassian product suite. Specifically Jira & Bitbucket.
Additional Responsibilities for this role include:
- Work directly with Product Management teams on new product requirements and major enhancements
- Validate solutions proposed by Product Management or Engineering teams
- Help enhance Business Requirements, keeping in mind latest trends in technologies
- Work with Infrastructure and Security teams to design solutions with cost optimization and specific security requirements in mind
- Consult with other team members on technical approaches
- Help evaluate new tools and products
- Evaluate training needs for the engineering team with a view of upcoming technology stack
- Continuous assessment of upgrades and direction of our Technology Stack
- Responsibility for ensuring exhaustive and updated Architecture Documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H