Are you looking for the opportunity to join a nimble, dynamic legal team with real impact on the day-to-day business and key strategic initiatives across the enterprise? Are you a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment with lots of balls in the air? We’re looking for an exceptional lawyer who can be a trusted partner to the legal team and the business.
As the second full-time legal hire, the Counsel will report directly to the Head of Legal & Compliance and will play a critical role in building the internal legal and compliance functions. The Counsel will assist with the review and negotiation of contracts, analysis and legal advice on regulatory and compliance issues, and developing and training staff on compliance policies and procedures.
In this role, you will…
- Work directly with business teams to negotiate and review contracts
- Advise on a variety of legal and operational issues, including privacy, cybersecurity, employment, intellectual property, and insurance regulatory issues
- Draft and maintain compliance policies and procedures
- Develop internal resources and instructional materials and conduct regular employee trainings
- Manage corporate matters such as equity plan administration
- Assist the Head of Legal & Compliance in a variety of special projects as needed
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 4+ years of legal and/or compliance experience at a top law firm and/or in-house legal department and strong academic credentials, including a JD
- You have superior written & verbal communication skills and a keen attention to detail
- You have the ability to stay calm under pressure, work independently, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting time-sensitive deadlines
- You have experience providing guidance on regulatory issues, particularly related to insurance law, marketing, data privacy, or cybersecurity
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- You are a team-player with the ability to work collaboratively across various functions and with colleagues at all levels
- You have familiarity with insurance or financial products
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!