○ Own the Accounts Payable (AP) process with assistance from the outsourced AP team and automation via Bill.com.
○ Ensure that the processed invoices are recorded accurately and timely via Bill.com.
○ Supervise the work product of the outsourced AP team to ensure accuracy of processed bills and reconciliations.
○ Analyze AP aging on a monthly basis and clear out old outstanding aging balances using reconciliations between different systems (Bill.com and QuickBooks).
○ Communicate professionally with internal and external business partners to manage payments and AP related inquiries.
- Support General Ledger reconciliations:
○ Ensure accuracy and detailed review of all general ledger coding to maintain accurate tracking of over 30 different department budgets.
○ Take ownership of month-end close responsibilities, including cash reconciliations and bank uploads, deposits, debt reconciliations and tracking of vendor bills for completeness. Record journal entries in accounting system as part of month-end close process.
○ Ensure employee reimbursement and expense reports are processed timely and accurately via Expensify.
○ Oversee accounting email inbox to ensure external and internal inquiries are addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
○ Reconcile vendor statements and follow up on outstanding balances.
- Support Payroll activities:
○ Partner with Payroll Manager to act as a backup to complete payroll as needed.
○ Provide assistance with reconciliations and recurring processes relating to payroll, including processing final payroll checks and completing pre and post payroll reconciliations.
○ Prepare special reports and support ad hoc projects as needed.
○ Prepare in-house manual checks on an as-needed basis.
○ Own and streamline the current 1099 process and provide IRS 1099 Form to all appropriate vendors and Minted Artists at year-end.
○ Participate in the implementation of changes to policies, procedures, and systems to facilitate growth, compliance and scaling of the business.