Gong.io helps salespeople have better conversations by using AI and machine learning to pinpoint what the top performers are saying and doing differently. Those behaviors can then be replicated across the entire team to increase quota attainment and slash on-boarding time of new team members. Customer-facing teams at hundreds of companies like LinkedIn, GE and ZipRecruiter use Gong to improve their customer experience in millions of conversations every day.
Gong is looking for a Sr. Director and head of FP&A to join our Finance team. In this role, you will build the team from the start, and partner closely with top level executives and stakeholders across the company as you manage long range strategic planning, lead the annual budgeting process and monthly / quarterly forecast cadence, drive performance reporting and analysis, oversee our business intelligence capabilities, be a thought partner to our business leaders and grow and develop a team of top-flight professionals. You will partner closely with the CFO to plan and allocate resources supporting the company’s strategic initiatives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage our consolidated strategic and financial planning processes, the annual operating plan, rolling financial forecasts, and the underlying financial planning models, systems, and tools
- Collaborate with leadership across the company to provide analytical rigor and evaluate strategic initiatives and key decision processes
- Drive alignment on key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure business results and evaluate the health of the business
- Drive organizational accountability through performance management of operating expenses and productivity initiatives
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting / dashboards for executives and Board of Directors--analyze financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk and operating performance, and communicating key messages to senior management
- Manage a team with building team culture to improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the FP&A function
- 10 plus years of FP&A experience in a Sr. Director, Sr. Manager and or Director level role
- Experience in FP&A, business finance, investment banking, management consulting or related fields
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, extensive experience building integrated models from scratch, in Excel or in other planning applications; and experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics
- A proven ability to identify and drive impactful financial outcomes, and to manage complex projects across multiple teams
- A proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and to build strong working relationships
- A proclivity for working in fast-paced environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable experience leading, developing and mentoring finance professionals, growing future leaders and inspiring high performing teams
- Understanding of GAAP and key accounting and revenue recognition principles underlying SaaS businesses
- Experience with SaaS business models, metrics and KPIs
- Experience with financial systems including, NetSuite & Sales Force
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics; MBA preferred
- MBA / advanced degree is a plus
- Experience in the software technology industry
- A proven leader with the business acumen to translate findings into actionable recommendations, and the EQ to build consensus and drive strategic projects to fruition.T
- A successful candidate will challenge the status-quo to drive business insights and continuous improvement, be data and results oriented, have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, possess a high degree of comfort with financial analysis and a knack for making the complex simple.
- Have an ability to develop and grow a high-performing team, develop strong collaborative relationships across matrixed teams, and be comfortable with frequent senior leader interaction is key for success in this role
- Have excellent communication skills, prior people management experience, attention to detail, and an ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, high growth environment rounds out the successful candidate's profile.
You'll get to:
- Work closely with some of Silicon Valley’s best talent to create a truly amazing team.
- Join a fast-growing company early, make a difference, and enjoy the ride.
- Challenge yourself and take your career to the next level.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package