Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
As the Information Technology Manager, you are responsible for overseeing the design, development, and implementation of information systems, software applications, infrastructure, and support systems to meet current demands as well as prepare for company expansions. You will be responsible for all technology across HQ, multiple fulfillment centers, delivery operations, and offices. This position will provide technical expertise to solve immediate issues as well as develop a game plan to promote business continuity, scalability, and security.
This is an exciting time to join the team because you will own and shape IT at Imperfect. This position is part of the Technology Team and will report to the Head of Engineering. If you're an IT guru passionate about fighting food waste, we'd love to hear from you!
· Manage information technology and computer systems company-wide
· Design and implement systems, policies, and procedures
· Assess and oversee the implementation of IT systems in new facilities including both warehouses and offices
· Ensure security of data, network access, and backup systems
· Manage technology vendors and business partners
· Provide onsite and remote technical support as well as management support for all warehouse technology machinery
· Research, recommend and implement new technology solutions to drive efficiency
· Maintain knowledge in emerging technologies to be able to recommend business solutions
· Establish and maintain documentation and knowledge sharing to enable cross-training
· Evaluate and assist with negotiating the purchase of new hardware and related software to improve our overall cost-efficiency
· Recommend and deliver solutions which streamline processes, implement automation when possible, and improve ease of use
Skills and Qualifications:
· 10+ years’ experience managing an IT operation
· Experience managing a team of service desk engineers
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience
· Experience in managing external partners and vendors
· Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
· Experience working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
· Excellent customer support skills
· Strong negotiating skills
· Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
· You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
· Full-time exempt position reporting to the Head of Engineering
· Position based out of our Tucson office
· Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
· Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
· Opportunity to work from home regularly
· Domestic travel to new and existing facilities required as needed
· A mix of sedentary and standing work
· Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
· Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
· Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
· Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
· Domestic travel as necessary
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.