LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re America’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
What You'll Do
We are hiring a Senior UI Engineer to design, implement, and document UI components, frameworks, tools, and infrastructure supporting our product development teams. As a platform team member, you will wear your product management hat to consider your customer’s varying needs, research and prototype new ideas, and deliver well tested software. You will coach and mentor software engineers in our team and feature teams, championing best practices and aiding adoption of our re-usable components, frameworks and infrastructure.
· 5-7 years software engineering experience in a web environment in any language
· 4+ years hands-on production level coding experience with React/Node in a consumer application
· Ability to create web applications that maintain a rich experience using stateless HTTP design patterns
· Deep experience with unit test patterns (nice to have used Jasmine, Mocha, or similar)
· Production experience with yarn, gulp, asset pipelines (browserify, webpack, or similar)
· 2+ years working in an API-driven environment, consuming RESTful APIs from Node (i.e. Microservices)
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related
· Experience with React-Redux or other similar modern frameworks.
· Knowledge and experience with ES6+
· Currently working in TDD style, experience and affinity with dev-authored integration and functional tests.
· Experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools (Jenkins, Docker, etc.)
· Understanding of modern customer development strategies (Lean Startup, marketing, etc.)
· Cross-browser, cross-platform UI design.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.