Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. At Galvanize, we help our 7,000 customers in 140 countries make a direct impact on the world every day. We do that by creating security, risk management, compliance, and audit software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse in their organizations.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with an award-winning culture, we’ve grown to include ten global offices. We work with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. Our Values are Customer Intensity, Disruptive Innovation, and Authenticity, and they influence everything we do.
You will improve the state of the art analytical product that became a revolutionary solution for several generations of auditors, optimize performance of data processing, and use AWS products for cloud deployment. You will work in collaboration with the best product managers, designers, and software engineers in Agile environment.
We’re searching for a Software Engineer with extensive experience in Python, Pandas, Dask, or similar technologies for distributed data processing and manipulation. You will collaborate with, mentor and guide a team of talented developers to design, build, test and deploy a robust, scalable and secure analytical system that helps our customers to do their business ethically, prevent fraud, and criminal activities. You’ll also collaborate across teams to build shared services, seamless integrations, as well as tackle interesting scalability and performance challenges.
What you need to succeed
- A strong ability to coach, mentor and lead fellow developers, provide guidance on technical design and provide constructive code reviews.
- Experience designing and building applications with distributed data processing and understand its core principals and algorithms.
- Experience optimizing and refactoring large and complex codebase.
- You write clean code and care deeply about code quality.
- Passion for learning and continuous improvement.
Why you’ll love working here
- You’ll tackle unique challenges and face the unknown often, supported by an amazing team who really want you to succeed.
- Your growth opportunities are endless. From professional development to job shadowing, we’ll work with you to make your career goals happen.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We believe in mentorship, supporting students to explore opportunities in STEM, and many other important causes.
- You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, onsite gym and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy, paid days off to volunteer in your community, relocation opportunities to our international offices and more.
Ready to apply?
Thanks for your interest! Apply at wegalvanize.com/careers. Once we’re reviewed your application and determined it’s a match, we’ll reach out with next steps. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We invite you to check us out on wegalvanize.com, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.