Grove’s Operations Technology team is responsible for the platform that fulfills every Grove customer orders, and enables our team to provide world class service to all of our members. In 2019, we’re launching two new teams to help us build the next generation warehouse and customer service platforms.
You’ll be one of the first members in our new team, so we’re looking for technologists who love everything from helping architect new systems, select the tools we’ll use to build them, work with our operations teams to help define and refine our system, as well as build great software. If you’d love to work in a fast-paced environment where you have the opportunity to shape the future of a team, but would love to join a company that’s growing quickly and has excellent benefits, this is a great opportunity.
Your Impact & Responsibilities
· You’ll be working to help architect a brand new system, and will work with teams across our technology organization to define where and how a new system should integrate into our existing environment.
· You’ll have an opportunity to understand how to build software that interacts with the built environment in our warehouses and our customer service centers, including automation, robotics, and mobile-first web applications that work well with intermittent connectivity.
· You’ll work closely with our internal teams (the users of your software) to rapidly prototype and release new functionality, including the opportunity to visit our locations across the US.
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· You’ve worked as a full stack engineer for at least 10 years, or have a balanced history of frontend and backend work and are comfortable building entire applications.
· You are fluent in at least two programming languages, with a preference that one of them be Python.
· You’re fluent with the frontend tools used to build modern web applications (Vue, React, Angular, etc.)
· You’re comfortable working with a variety of relational databases, notably PostgreSQL and MySQL.
· You’re skilled at monitoring, data, and diagnostics of production systems, and know how to build new systems to be easy to support.
· You get bonus points for previous experience in commerce, customer service, CRM, catalog, or warehouse technologies.
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.