OpenBeds is a platform that identifies, unifies and tracks all behavioral health resources to create a single common network, facilitate rapid referrals and foster collaboration among mental, health, substance use and medical providers. Our customers include small treatment facilities, large health systems, and governments who want to leverage technology to improve care delivery.
This critical position will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of ongoing systems development life cycle from initial specification, development, testing and launching, and maintenance.
Summary of Duties
As Senior Software Engineer, you will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of ongoing systems development life cycle from initial specification, development, testing and launching, and maintenance. Duties include:
- Mentors and leads the software development team in ongoing software development activities in all phases of the life cycle
- Using PHP/LAMP framework, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications
- Additionally, may be required to write code for the web-based front-end using technologies, such as: html, CSS, JQuery, JS-Bootstrap, JS-React
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
The position can be located in Washington DC or Louisville KY.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics.
- 7 or more years of software development experience, preferably using PHP technologies
- Experience utilizing LAMP stack
- Experience with PHP open source frameworks like CodeIgniter, Laravel, other related frameworks
- Experience implementing industry standard web application security as needed.
- Experience creating API utilizing industry standards
- Full stack developer, implementing web solution with cross browser supports
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Managing and interpreting software requirements and limitations related to workflow
- Good communication skills, verbal & written
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product/feature meets requirements
- Providing technical mentoring to team members
Helpful / Preferred
- Good understanding of database architecture and utilizing SQL statements
- Experience in object-oriented design and development utilizing PHP open sources
- Deployment/Integration experience
- Experience using AWS infrastructures
- Experience using SaaS models
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.