Appriss Health is seeking an experienced Lead Business Analyst to help us continue to grow our current and new product lines. A background in healthcare is required and experience in EHR workflows, Medicaid, Behavioral Health, Care Coordination or Health Plans are highly desired. As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, you are expected to be an advanced professional systems & process design and will work on the most complex products/projects. The Senior Business Systems Analyst will solicit, understand, and document the customer's business requirements, processes and workflows developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows in an agile methodology. You will also work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the QA team to test the developed functionality. This role works closely with other BAs, Developers, Testers, and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle. You will also be responsible for user acceptance testing. This job requires an individual who collaborates well with other and who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions. In addition to performing many business analyst activities, you will coordinate and oversee the work of other business analysts. A strong background in agile product delivery and working with agile product teams are key. Our products are technical in nature and highly data driven, requiring someone who is logical, has experience with high volume data systems and has worked in a regulatory environment. You will work with internal stakeholders, external customers and prospects. In addition to product development and delivery you will support high profile sales and customer activities.
Skills, Experience, or Characteristics
- Prefer a minimum of 5 business analyst experience in commercial healthcare products
- Clinical background or has experience working with senior clinical teams in an analyst role in any of the following areas: acute care, ambulatory care, care coordination, substance abuse, behavioral health or health plans
- Technical background in interfaces and product integration in a highly regulated environment
- Voice of the customer approach with a focus on the most efficient methods for designing and implementing new features or feature enhancements
- Experience with new product development as well as taking existing products to new markets
- Experienced with agile methodologies and tools such as confluence and Jira
- Drive the business-planning process across cross-functional teams of the company
- Responsible for backlog grooming, daily scrums, sprint and release planning, agile requirements (user stories etc.), user acceptance testing and other SDLC activities
- Support product managers in deliverables such as; roadmaps, competitive analysis, prototypes, product assessments, product performance measurement
- Experience working with a team structure of BA’s, product owners and product managers
- Work closely with sales, marketing and internal customer service organizations to support success and growth of products
- Customer and market facing with a background in presenting to demo’s to customers
Helpful / Preferred
- Experience with integration and workflows with the following: Epic, Cerner, NextGen, Allscripts, Athena etc.
- Has held roles with an EHR, population health or analytics company
- Lean certification
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.