Appriss Insights is seeking a Communications Specialist who is a strategic thinker with exceptional writing and organization skills, meticulous attention to detail, and who excels in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The Communications Specialist is a key contributor in supporting Appriss Insights’ content marketing and thought leadership strategy through the development of marketing content that effectively promotes our data solutions, with the goal of saving lives, fighting crime, preventing fraud and managing risk in society.
This individual develops communication materials that clearly describe Appriss Insights products and services, including business development proposals, presentations, brochures, product sheets, case studies, white papers, press releases, web content, blog articles, and email communications. A key function of this position is responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) from prospective and current clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, English or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Exceptional creative writing, editorial, analytical, and research skills required
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple deadline-oriented projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to work independently and with professionals at all organizational levels
- Ability to lead the multi-functional process of developing effective marketing content
- Independent worker with high level of initiative and follow through
- Willingness and ability to collaborate in a team environment and contribute to Appriss Insights’ content marketing and thought leadership strategy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with WordPress and HubSpot a plus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops content for use in a wide array of marketing tools that attracts prospective customers, generates interest, and aligns with Appriss Insights’ marketing and brand strategy.
- Acts as project manager, preparing business development proposals for the organization. Works with a diverse group of subject matter experts to develop thorough, accurate, and interesting content.
- Guides proposal team in preparing the technical, legal, operational and cost components of the proposal, including understanding of the task, plan, past performance, and personnel requirements. Follows proposal writing and marketing communication standards for language, readability, consistency, and tone.
- Manages the Procurement Inbox daily, researching emails regarding available RFPs that may match Appriss criteria.
- Writes press releases highlighting product launches, events and customer successes.
- Interviews or surveys customers to gather feedback and testimonials for use in case studies and white papers.
- Ensures data accuracy and required approvals for all marketing materials by confirming with the appropriate internal stakeholders and external sources.
- Maintains Appriss brand image and consistency by using layout templates with marketing-approved graphics and boilerplate content.
- Sources, writes and posts content for Appriss Insights’ social media sites, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Contributes to the Appriss Insights blog—helps develop the editorial calendar, generates article ideas, writes articles, sources guest authors, works in WordPress to formalize, edit, and publish content.
- Creates/edits relevant content (e.g., sales sheets, white papers, case studies, executive summaries, etc.) to support current marketing campaign initiatives.
- Must be able to quickly develop an understanding of Appriss Insights’ technology strategy and be able to articulate its benefits to all prospects and customers.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for training or professional development.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.