The Silk Road Medical Area Manager is an entrepreneurial ambassador for a new hybrid procedure to treat carotid artery disease: TCAR (Transcarotid Artery revascularization).
As part of the US sales team, Area Managers will lead the next revolution in endovascular surgery to select and open TCAR Centers of Excellence, become a trusted clinical partner and TCAR specialist to drive safe adoption, superior outcomes for patients and achieve sales revenue targets in the assigned territory. This position reports directly to an Area Director.
Territory Management and Account Development
- Provide quality support to help accounts achieve procedural success and superior outcomes of the Silk Road ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection System and ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent System.
- Develop and execute strategies and plans to achieve/exceed sales quota for assigned territory. Maintain and expand existing business and develop new business opportunities. Develop a deep understanding of each customer’s CEA practice patterns and develop a conversion strategy specific to each customer.
- Ensure maximum coverage of all accounts within territory area to maintain optimum level of exposure and effective time management. Assist with scheduling of cases and proper customer support.
- Serve as trusted technical expert for the TCAR procedure and products. Provide technical support for centers performing TCAR, providing technical case support consistent with the instructions for use. Educate accounts on proper indications for TCAR procedures.
- Understand and confirm customers’ needs, handle objections and gain commitment. Develop and implement strategies to counter competitor messaging.
- Represent company at industry conferences.
Technical and Clinical Support
- Provide technical leadership for TCAR procedures. Educate implanting teams on proper indications for TCAR procedures. Provide support on questions regarding device suitability with measuring ability, angiographic and duplex ultrasound, CTA, MRA expertise. Provide comprehensive technical support including knowledge of imaging modalities (duplex ultrasound/catheter angiography/CTA, MRA), EKG, procedural hemodynamics, heart rate, blood pressure, and ancillary procedural solutions
Training, Education and Professional Development
- Maintain in depth knowledge of competitive products, features, and strengths in relation to the company’s products.
- Participate in physician training and case observations when necessary.
- Assists in training new hires to the Silk Road Medical Global Sales team.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge.
- Understands current published TCAR and relevant literature. Recognize and understand competitive products, industry trends, and the Silk Road Medical portfolio. Liaison with R&D for technology improvements and next generation needs.
- Knowledge of the Silk Road Medical TCAR product IFUs for safe and effective use.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ year’s sales experience in a hospital environment; selling interventional cardiology, EVAR/TEVAR, TAVR, peripheral or surgical related products
- Travel required throughout the territory
- Attend and participate in company and industry sponsored forums, society/industry congresses, and courses.