Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
You will build schedules, watch resources, and track deliverables for projects. You monitor teams to make sure goals and objectives are being kept. Knowledge of larger landscape without neglecting granular details while tracking project health, staying alert for risk and resolving issues as they arise is important. Monitoring scope and project quality are keys to success.
The Project Manager is responsible for providing technical project planning, management and oversight for key initiatives and implementation projects, ensuring first that these initiatives and projects are closely aligned with Qubole’s strategic priorities, and second, that these initiatives and projects are completed on-time, within scope and budget and with an extremely high quality of deliverables.
The PM will ensure the optimum mix of cost, schedule, performance, and system supportability throughout the life cycle (design, development, testing and evaluation, production and disposition) of each program and will analyze alternative problem solutions and present a case for the recommended solutions with a detailed analysis of risks and return on investment.
The PM leads and manages project and program initiatives and production application support in support of Qubole’s mission, international objectives and other business functional areas. The PM acts as a project management technical lead and business analysis subject matter expert.
You will be responsible for :
· Crafting realistic project plans.
· Handles dependencies proactively, holding teams and individuals responsible for those dependencies and realistically reporting on dependency risks.
· Align project objectives to company goals, and ensure transparency on objectives.
· Accountable for delivery of technology solutions according to agreed-upon plans.
· Report on project progress; offers viable solutions and opportunities.
· Implements change practices.
· Handles capacity planning and cross-team collaboration.
· Runs resources to keep schedules on track.
· Lead meetings and set expectations for project teams
· Help project teams with the prioritization of design tasks.
· Facilitate project reviews and retrospectives to provide constructive feedback to stakeholders.
· Monitor and handle scope.
· Manage all documentation.
· Work multiple projects at a time
Looking for Skills and Experiences :
· 5+ years of highly technical project management experience.
· Security experience a plus
· PMP certifications or equivalent experience.
· Sees the big and small things.
· Good communications skills, with customers, team, and sponsors.
· Customer-focused mindset.
· Experience with Agile teams.
· Tried leadership skills.
· Strong analytical/organizational skills, with excellent verbal and written ability.
· Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to JIRA, MS Excel, etc.
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.