ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
The mission of the Enterprise Account Executive is to drive revenue growth on a quarterly and annual basis. We want an enterprise salesperson who can source enterprise deals and execute with passion, drive, and strong business acumen.
The most critical deliverables include:
- Closing deals with enterprises and exceeding revenue targets
- Developing granular account-level strategies to communicate Legion’s unique value proposition
- Leveraging industry expertise and Rolodex to build a pipeline of executive-level enterprise opportunities
- Leading a deal through the entire sales lifecycle by building relationships and collaborating with key external and internal stakeholders
- Crafting a compelling business justification and ROI for each opportunity
- Maintaining accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and forecast data in Salesforce CRM
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of technology sales experience
- Experience closing $500k-$2mm ACV new business deals against a $1.25mm+ annual quota
- Strong application SaaS sales background
- Superior negotiation, written, and verbal communication skills
- A mix of large and small company experience. Early stage startup experience highly desired
- Experience selling a Workforce Management or Human Capital Management (HCM) software solution strongly preferred
- Experience selling in the Retail, Hospitality, and Fitness industries is a plus
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES
- Proactive and able to command respect through intelligence, hard work, and persistence
- Personal passion and fervor for industry-leading next generation technology
- Ability to operate in an environment with limited
- A great communicator who can distill powerful messages which resonate with customers
- Track record of building positive relationships with peers
- Continuous and thoughtful listener, able to learn from customers and leverage input
- Strong personal work ethic focused on high priority issues; action and results oriented
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character; demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior
BACKGROUND AND OPPORTUNITY
Legion is seeking world class talent to help us capitalize on a massive opportunity to enable the future of work for the 2.7 billion-person strong deskless workforce. We have built a cutting edge workforce engagement suite which leverages AI and machine learning to deliver labor efficiency for employers and great experiences for employees across the Retail, Hospitality, and Fitness industries. Legion is backed by preeminent venture firms such as Norwest Venture Partners, First Round Capital, and XYZ Ventures and is based in Redwood City, California.
The hourly workforce currently constitutes almost 60% of the overall labor market in the United States and these nearly 80 million hourly workers are the driving force behind many of our largest domestic industries like food/beverage, retail and hospitality. Management of this workforce has historically been difficult due to high churn (average of 60%), high cost of replacement (average of $3,200 per employee in retail) and now new challenges are developing as millennials enter this market. The retail vertical alone spends $62 billion dollars a year on replacing workers and over 50% of hourly workers leave their jobs because of flexibility reasons.
In our modern, Uber-ized times, younger folks seek gig-like flexibility, modern mobile first technology and compelling work options. They want to use an app on their phone to schedule work, not haggle with the manager over their schedule on a week to week basis. Likewise, employers are increasingly in need of a flexible and efficient labor model that supports the innovations (think pop up stores, home delivery, mobile ordering, service options etc) needed, and frankly demanded, by today’s modern customers. Mid market organizations have never had a technology platform to manage their hourly workers and the enterprise is mired in decades old technology (think Kronos, Infor) that’s both user unfriendly and wildly ineffective for managing today’s modern hourly workforce. There is a huge opportunity to modernize and upgrade how hourly workers interact with their employers and while enabling employers to be elastic, efficient and innovative...but no one has cracked the code until now.
Legion’s mission is to build the platform that enables this transition. We have built a workforce engagement solution that applies AI and machine learning to accurately forecast demand and automatically match employees to work. The simple notion of matching work that needs to be done to the best suited employee who wants it and doing so in a fair, compliant and efficient manner is fundamental to today’s new job economy. The Legion platform provides flexible, efficient ways for employers and employees to engage with each other and enable the future of work.
At its core, this is a supply versus demand issue. Legion is able to use advanced machine learning to accurately predict how much work needs to be done and by what roles and skills. These forecasts are fully automated and tailored to the unique attributes of every location and take into account factors that impact customer traffic. For instance, rain could decrease customer traffic at an outdoor cafe but would likely increase the volume of delivery orders. Legion now helps you predictably staff for these events, and it gets more and more accurate as it ingests more data. Legion then uses AI to automatically match these forecasts to the best employees based on a wide variety of factors such as employee preference, skill, productivity and labor compliance policies. Likewise all of these rules are easily customizable to a unique business, policies and best practices of every customer. Legion is able to make informed and practical autonomous business decisions for every customer with the simple push of a button.