Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?
Come join our team! As our senior accounting manager, you will lead a team of talented professionals with a broad set of responsibilities across the accounting team and within the company. You will work both independently and collaboratively with a team of six. This role will report to the Controller.
· Lead the month-end close process to ensure timely and accurate results.
- Lead the team in successfully executing against close responsibilities during the period.
- Ensure an in-depth understanding of all accounting close processes in order to perform a thorough and accurate review of work completed so as to ensure transactions are recorded accurately in the general ledger.
- Prepare reconciliations and record journal entries as needed
- Partner with CFO, Controller and business partners to ensure all new business initiatives are recorded correctly in the general ledger
· On a monthly basis, lead financial reporting of actual results with ownership of the following:
- Monthly variance analysis for Finance which shows a comparison of actual results to prior period and plan/forecast
- Distribution of monthly results to key partners including Supply Chain, Marketing and Customer Service/Operations
- Responsive communication to partners regarding questions/comments around actual results
· Proactively work on initiatives to shorten close timeline and implement operational accounting efficiencies through process improvement, training, automation and spreadsheet re-design. Support transition to ERP. Take ownership of complex and new accounting processes, have in-depth understanding of the Company’s revenue recognition and inventory accounting.
· Manage the Accounts Payable function, including supervising work of AP, managing approval of invoices and employee expense reports, and resolving complex vendor issues and inquiries.
· Proactively work with other departments on new business initiatives; ensure financial statements reflect proper recognition of new business transactions in accordance with GAAP.
· Utilize critical thinking skills to analyze general ledger activity and reconciliations for discrepancies that should be brought to the Controller’s attention.
· Prepare special reports and assist in special projects as assigned by Controller and management team.
· Manage successful execution of financial statement audit, by drafting financial statements, managing PBCs, preparing technical accounting memos and in-depth analysis/ reconciliations for financial statement audit.
· Assist with regulatory compliance and tax reporting.
· Partner with Controller on the implementation of accounting standards on an as needed basis.
· Participate in the implementation of changes to policies, procedures, and systems to facilitate growth, compliance and scaling of the business.
· Be a mentor and leader for junior team members with training, support and guidance and by fostering a positive work environment.
· Excited by working in a dynamic and fast paced environment
· Compelled by Minted’s mission and business model
· A proven accounting leader with the ability to drive successful team outcomes
· Highly focused on improving accounting processes
· A team player who is excited by partnering with peers and partners Energized to help scale Minted’s business
· A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other quantitative discipline plus CPA certification.
· 8-10 years of work experience, out of which minimum of 3 years at a public accounting firm is strongly preferred
· Advanced excel skills required (critical to success in the position); experience with Quickbooks, Bill.com and Expensify a plus
· Strong attention to detail and ability to simultaneously research discrepancies and solve problems
· High acumen around critical thinking and organization
· Effective communicator with ability to articulate complex issues in a simple manner