ClearDATA is seeking a Coordinator, Technology Purchasing and Licensing to join our dynamic Information Technology Team. The ideal candidate is an intellectually curious individual, independent and self-motivated who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. This role is based in Austin, TX where you'll collaborate with cross functional teams and with key members of our leadership team.
This position will report directly to the Director of Information Technology.
We’re looking for a Coordinator, Technology Purchasing and Licensing to join our dynamic, high performing information technology team with a focus on optimizing our IT purchasing lifecycle and driving licensing excellence. You will use your strong metrics driven ability, creative problem-solving skills, purchasing/licensing expertise and passion for process improvement to develop processes, produce metrics and enhance our IT workflow for our ClearDATA Team. We want someone who is full of initiative, smart, motivated, and with the entrepreneurial spirit to roll up sleeves to get things done. You’ll have the opportunity to create new processes and then bring those processes to life. And because you are in the Information Technology Team, you’ll work closely with stakeholders across the organization. This is a very visible role for the company, and you’ll quickly find yourself immersed in projects at the heart of our organization. You’ll get exposure to peers, cross-functional teams, key leaders and senior executives. If you’re a passionate self-starter with a strong purchasing and licensing background looking to contribute, take responsibility, and be recognized, this is the role for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Improve the quality and availability of purchasing, licensing, and vendor data for the business; including leading efforts to design, implement and maintain an effective repository for all associated data.
- Own and host re-occurring Purchasing Committee Meeting to include the intake process for new requests, validating submission quality, working with department stakeholders as needed.
- Manage software licensing lifecycle, to include purchasing, terms, structure, license issue/reclaim, audit, reconciliation.
- Based on data and analysis, proposes purchasing lifecycle process and structure improvements for the Information Technology Department.
- Performs quality assurance and validation of purchasing data and licensing terms, then interacts with stakeholders to reconcile discrepancies.
- Manage and monitor Purchasing and Licensing Ticket Queue and adhere to ticket handling procedures ensuring customer requests are managed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Departmental Leaders to develop and publish new IT HW standards and purchasing process standards for the organization.
- Collaborate with vendors in order to provide product information including but not limited to; compliance requirements, security requirements.
- Perform Asset Management and Configuration Management duties associated with software and hardware purchasing and inventory.
- Reconcile and report on monthly charges for Department Credit Card, vendor charges, monthly subscriptions.
- Work closely with finance, compliance, infosec and legal to maintain consistency with their requirements and ensure proper financial, legal, compliance, security controls are embedded within IT purchasing.
- Review and process purchase requests, utilizing preferred vendors and items
where possible. Sourcing and obtaining bids for new items, when needed.
- Identify and Track cost savings opportunities
- Maintain and improve the IT purchasing lifecycle and processes used to track all associated activity, current projects and savings. This responsibility includes working with cross-functional teams and third-party vendors.
- Collaborate with IT Department to ensure optimized hardware inventory
and ordering schedule to manage par levels.
- Interact with suppliers to resolve transactional issues and gather critical
information, invoices, tracking information, etc.
- Generate, track, audit and report on purchase orders.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Assist with various department projects.
- Ability to work independently, with team members, and cross-functionally in a dynamic work environment.
- Drive continuous improvement for processes to create efficiencies within department as well as other functional groups.
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated experience writing process documentation and process flowcharts
- Strong experience in reporting and data visualizations in Excel and/or PowerBI
- Advanced expertise MS Excel reporting and SharePoint
- Strong ability in translating business processes and workflows into reporting, dashboard, metrics and defining the ideal mechanism for information delivery
- Experience managing Microsoft Licensing
- Experience working with Finance Departments as it relates to the purchasing lifecycle
- Experience leading organization level licensing projects; defining terms, reconciliation and reclaim
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Analytics, IT, Purchasing, Business Intelligence work experience or other relevant experience in a similar industry or position
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- ITIL Certification
- Experience working with public clouds (AWS, Azure, and/or GCP)
- Experience working with MS Licensing
- Experience with professional services / consulting in IT or Supply Chain
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Servant leadership Management
- Business-casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401(k)
- Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation
- Competitive base, and bonus structure