We are looking for a creative, motivated Software Development Manager with a strong technical background, customer focus and excellent people management skills to manage and develop a highly-talented and experienced engineering team. This person will also be required to have solid hiring and new hire development skills, strong judgment and communication skills, long term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence.
This position will be reporting directly to the VP of Engineering.
Manage a team of Software Engineers by providing day-to-day technical management, architecture, design and process guidance on development activities associated with a SaaS-based digital marketing solution.
- Lead Scrum and Kanban teams in Agile Practices
- Foster career growth and strong team culture.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff.
- Interface with our product, support and client success teams to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver value to customers.
- Own operational metrics and support for your team’s software.
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
- Own the architecture, design and code reviews of core technology and software.
- Ensure compliance with technology and security standards based on industry best practices.
Bachelor's degree or higher in a computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
7+ years of relevant engineering experience.
2+ years of people management experience.
Experience with Object-oriented design patterns.
Extensive experience with Java and microservices architecture.
Ability to manage small and medium-sized technical projects with minimal supervision.
Track record of designing and building complex distributed systems.
Experience in migrating legacy systems to modern hybrid cloud architecture.
Experience and proficiency with AWS technologies (S3, Containers, lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, RDS).
Experience with VSphere
Experience building SaaS products.
Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Understanding of data structures and algorithms.