Act-On Software is looking for smart, motivated and dedicated individuals to join our world class product support team! The Senior Technical/Product Support Engineer must possess exceptional attention to detail, a passion to learn, and a desire to dig deep into our technology in order to provide our customers the best support experience possible. The ideal candidate will possess 3+ years of advanced customer facing support working closely with tier one support, customer success teams, product development, and engineering.
- Customer focused at all times with the goal of resolving customer issues in the quickest most effective way possible.
- Accountable to one's team and one's self taking ownership of tasks and seeing them through to successful completion.
- Transparent in communications approach with the goal of being clear, concise and direct.
- Team Player who views the occupational world as "we" versus "me".
- Self-driven to perform at a high level and invigorated to do their best when no one is watching.
- Become an Act-On product expert including the product’s technical workings and practical business application.
- Become very familiar with our API and assist our customer’s technical, work-flow, and design inquiries.
- Autonomously identify and solve new and evolving technical issues with urgency.
- Take ownership of delivering and exceeding customer SLA commitments and expectations.
- Assist customers with technical questions relating to Act-On and peripheral software (including but not limited to internet browsers, Salesforce.com, website hosting software, etc.).
- Assist our Customer Success and Tier 1 technical team with technical implementations or questions related to the Act-On product and service.
- Manage and maintain second level escalated customer support tickets from receipt through resolution.
- Be a key contributor in customer save efforts and escalation management.
- Maintain account alignment for our large and premier support customers.
- Work closely with our Operations Team during customer impacting service issues to update external communications.
- Maintain a positive interactive and collaborative working relationship with Product Management and Product Teams.
- Partner with our Engineering Team to resolve issues and escalate as necessary for resolution.
- Regularly communicate customer needs to Product Management for future product enhancements.
- Contribute to, improve and maintain internal documentation about application systems and infrastructure, procedures, and policies.
- Author and maintain knowledgebase articles as needed for technical implementation procedures.
- Contribute to the Act-On Communities and Public Forum.
- Availability for on-call duties for our premier support customers and service interruption management required.
- Technical college degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of related experience in a customer facing technical position require to solve complex issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot SQL.
- Functional knowledge of major internet browsers and their configuration
- Functional knowledge of desktop OS systems (Windows and Mac).
- Understanding of the use and configuration of major Internet browsers.
- Experience using tools such as Splunk to access and read logs to diagnose technical issues.
- Network (latency, etc.) troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with API’s, XML, understanding of network and systems architecture a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Sugar CRM, Microsoft Dynamics, Marketing Automation, website hosting, and SEO preferred.
- Must possess unrelenting customer focus and consistently take ownership of customer satisfaction
- Ability to understand customer problems and questions, document and work through to final resolution; detail oriented.
- Understanding and experience with Email Delivery and SaaS a plus.
- Ability to regularly take initiative without direction when identifying troubleshooting opportunities.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, telephone etiquette and ability to maintain a professional demeanor.