Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Imperfect Foods is currently recruiting for a Delivery Driver with a Class A license required. This driver will be driving one of box truck out of our Portland, OR facility to our other location in Eugene, OR. Other duties include but not limited to making deliveries driving our delivery van and being a backup driver for our CDL Class A drivers. You will sort, handle, load, and/or unload freight at Imperfect foods locations. Imperfect Foods Delivery Driver are critical members of our team they help to accurately deliver our grocery boxes and help keep our promises.
· Frequent Traveling throughout the Portland, OR and Eugene, OR locations
· You will successfully make deliveries operating various tractor-trailer combinations, our box truck and van.
· Passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste
· Highly organized and strong attention to detail
· Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet (A.K.A. a mental juggler)
· Excels at independent, unsupervised work
· Operate vehicle safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of materials
· Meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Dept. of Transportation and satisfactorily pass a drug test
· Operates computer/ internal freight monitoring systems required
· Available for around the clock shifts to accommodate freight movements
Skills and Qualifications:
· 2+ years of experience in a delivery role
· Must be at least 22 years old, and have had a valid driver's license for at least 4 years
· Mastery of Google Maps to ensure an on time delivery experience for each customer
· Smart phone for pictures
· Ability to read and understand directions on the customer's box
· You’re highly organized and strong attention to detail
· You’re able to problem-solve and think on your feet (A.K.A. a mental juggler)
· You excel at independent, unsupervised work
· You’re highly communicative - no question is too small to ask!
· You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position:
· Full-time non-exempt position reporting to the Delivery Manager
· Pay starts at $22.50 per hour
· Position based out of our Portland facility but there will be times you will be delivering throughout our Eugene, OR location
· Company vehicles will be provided for the delivery routes
· Job offer contingent on successful completion of background check
· Competitive compensation and benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401k, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
· Frequent driving
· Exposure to all types of weather conditions
· Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
· Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
· Job offer contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screen
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.