Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Imperfect is seeking a Lifecycle Marketing Coordinator to focus on the execution and optimization of our lifecycle marketing channels. Reporting to the Lifecycle Marketing Manager, the Coordinator will blend content optimization, audience targeting, and execution tactics to maximize the effectiveness of our customer communications around retention, acquisition, and AOV. Day-to-day tasks include the deployment of batch and triggered emails, reporting on campaign performance, and using data to make optimizations to future and ongoing campaigns.
We’re looking for a contributor that takes pride in the details, enjoys staying organized and is always looking to test new ideas. In this role, the Coordinator will be managing the critical details of the email channel for Imperfect. This role is part of a high-performing, data-driven marketing organization that values teamwork and collaboration. We’re excited to have a Coordinator to ensure email marketing is one of Imperfect’s most highly effective acquisition and retention channels.
· Build and deploy batch and triggered email campaigns (code HTML, create audiences, build workflow logic, QA images, and links, report on metrics)
· Execute Imperfect’s ad-hoc campaigns and weekly newsletter. Coordinate with creative and ops teams to develop assets and timelines for deployment
· Execute ongoing A/B and multivariate tests to drive incremental business growth
· Report on campaign performance and share insights/learnings with the team
· Analyze campaign data and make recommendations on new opportunities for improvement
· Work cross-functionally with teams inside and outside of marketing to create and optimize compelling campaigns for our customers
· Build and maintain documentation around lifecycle campaigns, test results, and processes
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
· 1+ years email channel experience, with hands-on experience building and deploying campaigns
· Experience with email automation platforms (especially Iterable) a plus
· Solid analytical skills with a passion for using data to make decisions
· Strong collaboration, communication (verbal and written), and project management skills
· Experience and understanding of multivariate testing
· Skilled with Excel, SQL a plus
· Basic HTML/CSS knowledge preferred; willingness to learn required
· You’re results-driven and have a proactive mindset
· You’re able to think creatively and constantly test new ideas
· You thrive in a fast-paced environment
· You’re a problem solver and can pivot quickly when needed
· You have organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
· You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
· Full-time exempt position reporting to the Lifecycle Marketing Manager
· Based out of our San Francisco Headquarters in the Bayview district
· Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
· Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
· Opportunity to work from home regularly
· Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
· Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
· Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
· Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
· Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.