At Clarus Commerce, our focus is on the employee, their growth and their work/life balance satisfaction is always Top of Mind. The minute you step through the door, you’ll be joining a company that values everyone’s opinion, rewards and recognizes exemplary work, and loves to have fun.
You’ll also be a part of a business that is constantly being recognized for excellence. We’ve been chosen as a “Top Workplace” seven years in a row, we have been named one of Boston’s Best & Brightest, a “Top Company Culture” nationally and have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Cosmopolitan and Time Magazine. Life is too short, so join a company where you can turn a job into a career—and have a great time doing it.
Clarus Commerce specializes in building custom premium loyalty programs for our clients. We also have a direct to consumer business where we manage consumer facing subscription shopping products, such as ShopSmarter and FreeShipping.com.
Clarus Commerce is seeking a detail-oriented Marketing Manager, Direct Mail to join our Premium Loyalty team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Product Management, this individual will plan and execute marketing programs designed to drive engagement and retention of members who join our premium loyalty programs in non-digital channels, including phone and retail store enrollments. Direct mail is a key communication channel with this audience which means experience with print production and mailing process is a must.
Qualified candidates should be analytically savvy and comfortable drawing conclusions from data. Successful candidates should be eager to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic culture, and thrive in a “test and learn” environment. Candidates should also be strong communicators, as they’ll be working cross-functionally with many different teams inside and outside of the Product team, and will need to effectively communicate test results and learnings cross-functionally, negotiate with vendors, and motivate a team.
- Plan and execute the communication strategy for non-digital enrollments for our clients’ premium loyalty programs.
- Identify opportunities to reach out to members, including new formats, creative concepts, segments to target and others
- Test new ways to keep existing members engaged through direct mail, driving engagement and usage from new and mature members
- Collaborate with the Client Services team to develop and communicate a strategy and deliver results that serves the needs of both the client and Clarus.
- Collaborate with Creative team to bring concepts to life
- Collaborate with Operations team and print/mail partner to execute campaigns and tests
- Collaborate with Analytics team to structure tests and report on results
- Prioritize competing interests to focus on highest-impact activities
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Statistics or other concentrations with quantitative focus preferred.
- 5+ years of direct mail marketing and/or retention marketing experience, preferable in ecommerce or catalog industry
- Strong analytical skills and proven track record of turning insights into actionable plans.
- Ability to react to changing business needs by modifying plans and adjusting deliverables efficiently.
- Strong project management skills managing deadlines, calendars, and data needs.
- Solid understanding of subscription and direct response KPIs.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency performing analyses in Excel; comfortable in a data-driven environment
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Team player with the ability to build relationships to achieve team goals.
- Experience managing people
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to react to shifting priorities and manage multiple projects at once.
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership, and driving results