College Pulse is the leading research and analytics company focused on college students. We have built the largest database of college student opinion with over 280K student panelists from 900 universities in all 50 states, and we use our student panel to help our clients better understand the college demographic. Our ambition is to become a unique part of the global internet infrastructure – like Google for search, Facebook for social, Amazon for retail, we want it to be Pulse for public opinion.
THE TECH STACK
Pulse uses React and React Native to power our web and mobile clients, in combination with other open source frameworks like Redux, GraphQL, GatsbyJS, and component libraries. We also make extensive use of D3.js to build interactive data visualizations. We strive to keep our stack up to date with the latest web technology to make our applications as performant and maintainable as possible.
- 3+ years work experience as a front-end or full-stack engineer (or similar role)
- Ability to work well in teams while independently managing all of the design components related to a given project
- Full-stack candidates should have proficiency in NodeJS, MongoDB, and one or more scripting languages
- Proficiency in D3.js (preferred)
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Pair program with your teammates to tackle your first support tickets.
- Become familiar with our product areas: desktop and mobile user-facing apps, client-facing products, and internal data-visualization tools.
- Release your first features to production.
- Get to know the whole Pulse team.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Build, launch, and support your first standalone product. You’ll work closely with designers and other engineers to drive your first client-facing product through to production.
- Own major feature areas of the user-facing application.
- Write internal documentation for your features and systems so other engineers and stakeholders are brought along with your decisions.
- Help make architectural decisions about our stack and infrastructure.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Participate in an entire product cycle: from design and brainstorming, all the way through to client feedback and support.
- Be responsible for the planning, scoping, design, and implementation of new features
- Act as the owner for most front-end features.
- Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to define priorities and set delivery goals.
- Help develop plans for expanding our engineering team: interviewing, hiring, and growing company culture.