Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 35 buildings, 6 cities, and over 1,000 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, and Washington, D.C. and receive over 4,000 new member applications per week.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working everyday to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking an Assistant Property Manager to manage our properties in Chicago. As a key member of Common’s Property Services team, you’ll drive leasing and property services efforts with an eye toward the home’s budgets as well as member experience. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Property Services.
- Tour prospective members through our homes
- Oversee and coordinate all resident relations
- Aid in the management of property services and leasing teams
- Work with our centralized legal and billing team on delinquencies and evictions
- Work with the Member Support team to investigate and resolve member concerns and complaints
- Recommend pricing strategy to minimize vacancy and optimize revenue
- Assist in ensuring that all work orders and repair requests are processed in a timely fashion
- Drive local member experience through events and member delight efforts
- Walk properties daily (vacant apartments, common areas, amenities, and grounds)
- Assist on all emergency situations
- Assist central teams with all requested tasks
- 4+ years experience in customer service, property management, or community management
- Demonstrated success and experience managing a growing team
- Comfortable working with leases
- Extreme level of empathy and ability to connect with people from all walks of life; ability to balance a passion for making people happy while setting expectations that will scale
- Previous sales experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle high volume and manage your own time
- Self-starter that’s comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment and able to make smart decisions quickly using both data and strong emotional intelligence
- Experience working cross-functionally with a demonstrated ability to both give and receive constructive feedback
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.