Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 35 buildings, 6 cities, and over 1,000 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, and Washington, D.C. and receive over 4,000 new member applications per week.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working everyday to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common's member base is growing rapidly and we are expanding to multiple new cities in 2020 and beyond. We are looking for a Senior Manager for our Inside Sales team who can lead the expansion of our global central Sales teams.
- Play a critical role in leading, building, training and managing a talented and motivated sales team
- Build and manage a team of Inside Sales Representatives and Leasing Administrators, providing mentorship, guidance and career development to members of your team
- Set and exceed sales and revenue goals
- Maintain and utilize Salesforce to empower various teams and inform decision making
- Create scalable processes that will drive a centralized Sales function
- Monitor and manage team against key metrics such as conversion rates, vacancy rates, and team efficiency metrics
- Drive alignment between sales and core cross-functional teams including Marketing, Member Services, Product, Legal and Finance teams
- Execute projects involving lease-up velocity, new revenue lines for the business as well as strategy development
- You have been in a sales management or sales operations role in a rapidly evolving, startup environment
- You have managed an organization of 10+ individuals
- You have a proven track record of reaching and exceeding large sales revenue and P&L goals and aligning a team around key metrics
- You have direct experience implementing Salesforce and generating reports and analytics from it
- You have built systems and processes that were flexible and scalable
- You are a leader that can balance the needs of the individuals on your team with organizational goals
- You have the ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience and management experience
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Prior experience in Real Estate a plus