As a Solutions Architect, you will be one of the initial members in a new and exciting team at InfluxData working directly with strategic customers to help them design, deploy and operate the InfluxData solution. You will architect solutions on premise and in the cloud designed to gather and analyze time series data helping customers gather meaningful insights to their infrastructure, applications and IoT devices. Success for this position with be measured by how well customers are able to implement their solution avoiding common technical pitfalls. This role will report to the VP of Customer Success and Support.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Technical lead responsible for designing and implementing the InluxData solution for key strategic accounts
- Collaborate with enterprise customers on their key objectives with InfluxEnterprise conducting thorough discovery
- Provide technical training to the key team members of the customer for administering and operating the solution
- Develop technical solutions for solving key customer issues such as migration of data from other competing platforms, integration to other solutions like Grafana, adding support for new devices and platforms to monitor, etc
- Create solutions in a manner that can be easily applied with other customers projects
- Work with the CSM counterpart to develop joint success plans
- Work with our developer relations team to create fully functional and marketable solutions
- Serve as an escalation point of contact for support issues requiring a solution oriented approach
- Collaborate with technical content developers to create training content
- Become an expert in the InfluxData value propositions and time series space in order to provide effective guidance to our customer base
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Experience in a customer-facing position
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in a technical hands on role (Services, Support, SE, etc)
- Deep knowledge in database concepts, database clustering, HA services, load balancing, automation and monitoring
- Expertise in Networking and HTTP(S)d
- Significant experience in Linux-based application hosting environments, administration experience a plus
- DevOps experience, particularly AWS Core technologies or other cloud offerings
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes in a production environment
- Familiarity with system monitoring tools and practices (nagios, zabbix, Zenoss, Sensu, Chronograph)
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (Ruby, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Git or other version control systems experience
- Experience working with APIs
- Ability to take control of complex customer situations and deployments
- Role will be based in San Francisco, California
Nice to have:
- Relevant Bachelors degree
- Experience in NoSQL data technologies or other modern platforms
- Software development experience, particularly Golang is a plus
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and Commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.