LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re America’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
The Senior Director, Model Risk Management role reports to the Vice President of Enterprise Risk Management and is responsible for model validations of all models across the company and strengthening model risk governance throughout model life cycle.
What You'll Do
- Providing thought leadership in enhancing the Model Risk Management program.
- Keeping abreast of latest Model Risk Management and other related regulatory guidance and industry best practices.
- Leading a team to review internally developed or vendor statistical models across the business
- Identify sources of risk in models. Thoroughly and comprehensively review all model components and developmental evidences. Responsible for providing effective challenges to conceptual soundness of models and conducting quantitative analytics.
- Challenge developers and users and to elevate their findings for the overall improvement and acceptance of new models.
- Present validation work through formal validation reports, as well as thorough presentations to model owners and senior management. Clearly and concisely document and communicate validation findings.
- Assist in the overall ongoing maintenance and monitoring of all active models.
- Collaborate with internal teams to address model governance related requests from institutional investors.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of model inventory. Track and review model performance monitoring results. Review and validate model and usage changes for all the models. Review evidences for closure of model validation findings.
- Build strong working relationships with key model stakeholders, particularly, model developers and users.
- Facilitate communication between third party model validation teams and internal model owners/users and ensure third party validation compliance with company’s model risk management policy and procedure.
- 8+ years of experience working in the consumer credit industry with a quantitative background in the development, validation and use of statistical models.
- 4+ years of management experiences in model development or validation.
- Have proven SAS/R/Python and SQL programming skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely on technical and business topics.
- Attention to detail, dedicated, willing to take extra efforts.
- MS degree or PhD in quantitative/predictive analytics.
- Good communication skills and confidence in speaking with internal and external auditors and regulators.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet aggressive deadlines with high standards for quality.
- Demonstrated experience leading high performing teams and proven ability to develop & maintain strong relationships across the organization.
- Familiar with the latest technology and advanced modeling approaches (AI and ML).
- Continuously evolve skills and expertise as the business and industry evolves.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.