LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re America’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
The Purchase Finance business is a rare group within LC that combines a B2B and a B2C framework to focus on our mission to help people afford and enjoy significant life events. That is the most important metric we are focused on.
The Business Insights team works hand in hand with leaders across the organization to develop and execute our data-driven strategy. As a Sr. Business Analyst, you'll use data and analytical tools to drive insights, innovation, and results across each of our business areas. You will collaborate with team members to inform and refine our corporate strategy by supporting the Product, Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Credit business areas. You should have strong analytical skills, be comfortable in a fast-growing company environment, and thrive in a dynamic organization. This position will report to the Director of Business Insights.
What You'll Do
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to identify and evaluate market opportunities and company trends, as well as make strategic recommendations based on empirical data
- Work closely with the Product & Design teams to develop A/B tests and optimize user experience
- Develop and maintain engaging reports that reinforce and empower a data-driven culture
- Analyze and understand market and competitive data to inform corporate strategy
- Communicate analysis to stakeholders and senior leaders across the organization
- Work with partners and top clients in an analytical consultant capacity to optimize their business
- You’re a problem solver- you have the ability to break down a problem, think deeply about potential solutions, and perform a thorough analysis that leads to an informed recommendation
- You’re a people person with experience working in diverse, high-performing teams. You leave your ego at the door and you’re ready to roll up your sleeves as needed
- You’re someone who thrives in a dynamic environment; a blend of startup and larger company experience preferred
- You’re ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work on any issues or needs that arise, and you have the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- You have a passion to always be learning something new
- You’re an excellent communicator and you know how to influence effectively with your presentation skills
- You have 3+ years experience with querying and analyzing large data sets using SQL, Tableau, and Excel
- You have 3+ years experience with analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Heap, Pendo, Optimizely, etc.
- You have consulting experience and/or an MBA degree
- You love working with diverse teams and personalities
- People love working with you
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.