LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re America’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
Within LendingClub, LendingClub Patient Solutions is the fastest growing third party financing brand today, helping people afford life’s important choices by offering attractive financing to both the elective healthcare and private education markets. We’re looking for a talented Marketing Manager to be responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for our dental, medical and education markets. This position is located in Westborough, MA and will report to the Senior Director, Marketing.
What You'll Do
- Develop, implement and execute strategic marketing plans to achieve budget for annual funding dollars and revenue.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the target audiences, product offerings, competitive set, and market trends and keep stakeholders up-to-date
- Work closely with large Corporate accounts on development of co-marketing initiatives
- Utilize marketing channels including but not limited to direct mail, digital advertising, SEO, trade shows, print advertising, social media, and professional relations
- Leverage internal and external data by working with business analysis
- Generate database queries, direct list management, formulate messaging/content direction, provide input and feedback on creative execution, and develop IT specs as needed
- Track and adhere to budget and timing specifications
- Prepare sales training, scripting and presentations as part of communications launch plans for process improvements or product releases
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, gathering subject matter expertise as well as keeping appropriate parties informed
- Conduct regular update meetings with Senior Director, Marketing and other pertinent Directors and Managers to review projects and identify any issues or concerns
Education: Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
Experience: 5+ years experience in a marketing management role within a professional environment. Medical, financial or education business segment experience a plus. B2B2C marketing experience preferred.
- A proven track record in developing, implementing and evaluating marketing plans with previous involvement in direct mail, digital media, trade shows and social media channels
- Proven strategic mindset with demonstrated track record
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex market and get up to speed quickly
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Solid analytical skills and ability to determine and fill knowledge gaps
- Strong leadership, negotiation, project management, time management and consensus-building skills
- Equally proficient in strategic and hands-on performer mode. Can readily adapt to shifting priorities, a fast pace and a fluid environment
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.