Current Employees of LendingClub: Please apply via your internal Workday Account
LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re America’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the RoleWithin Lending Club, LendingClub Patient Solutions is the fastest growing third party financing brand today, helping people afford life’s important choices by offering attractive financing to both the elective healthcare and private education markets. We’re looking for a talented Director, Business Development to join our Sales team and be responsible for driving the growth of our purchase financing business by identifying areas of strategic opportunity and effectively executing our sales strategy through the management of our Business Development team. The Director will manage a team of Sr Business Development Reps and a Manager who will manage a team of Business Development Reps. The Director will also be responsible to develop relationships with top accounts in order to support the Sr Business Development Representatives. This position is located in Westborough, MA and will report to the Senior Director, Sales.
What You'll Do
- Set sales strategy and campaigns to meet revenue goals utilizing analytics and insights from internal business insights team.
- Develop strategy to improve sales effectiveness/optimization of sales funnel.
- Coach and develop sales team on a continuous improvement path and work with them to coach and develop sales reps.
- Look for opportunities to optimize processes, systems etc, working across broader LC organization to leverage other resources with capacity or with specific expertise.
- Exhibit sales leadership within the sales organization, and with your colleagues in marketing, partnerships, business insights, finance and operations.
- Understand market and competitive trends and provide input into Sales and Marketing Strategies based on these insights
- Drive sales productivity improvements by removing inefficiencies from the sales process and managing underperformance
- Bachelor's Degree required, 5+ years of business to business sales experience, specifically in relationship sales, presenting to executive level and/or business owners.
- 3+ years of sales management experience, preferably in an inside sales leadership capacity, with proven success exceeding goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience writing PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to build relationships in person, over the phone and through email
- Proficient in excel, ability to interpret data and present progress
- Skillful negotiation and presentation abilities
- Sales experience in the Dental or Medical industries, or in financial services is a plus
- Position will be based in Westborough and will require travel up to 30% of the time
- Ability to embrace a culture of “Test and Fail” and be able to not only accept but embrace an ever-changing landscape in a fast paced and growing environment.
- Familiarity and comfort with various sales methodologies.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.