Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless consumer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
As the Business Operations Manager, you will report to the VP of Operations. The Business Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the Operations organization to ensure the larger team is delivering a great customer experience across all steps of the delivery pipeline while achieving financial targets. The Business Operations Manager manages the larger operational pipeline ensuring the right reporting, visibility and processes exist to support the successful delivery of our customer experience. This Manager also owns capacity planning for all operational functions and works in close partnership with Finance and each operational leader to ensure teams are prepared to meet customer demand while achieving financial targets. In addition, this Manager helps drive strategic insights and process improvement of our operations and pipeline.Passionate about people, product and leveraging technology and data to drive a better client experience, this strategic and analytical thinker must align with Modsy’s core values and be superior at building and leading high performing teams.
You’ll be excited about this role because you will:
- Own operational capacity planning and financial modeling across Modsy’s operational functions (3D, Design, Order Management, CX)
- Work with finance and operations to develop financial models and capacity scenarios for various proposals that lower costs over time.
- Report out on unit costs and operational targets
- Oversee Modsy’s service delivery pipeline establishing reporting, monitoring, visibility and ensuring all customers receive their designs and revisions in the stated turn around times.
- Identify key process improvements within Modsy’s operations pipeline to minimize time until delivery of product to our customers
- Partner with Operations Leaders to answer key strategic and operational questions
- Develop and foster relationships with Modsy’s external vendors
- Document operational workflows outlining key dependencies and suggestions for improvement
- Partner closely with Style Operations to ensure seamless customer experience from 3D Modeling to Styling to Delivery to our customers
- Partner with Product and Engineering to consistently improve the customer experience while creating efficiencies and cost reductions in the operations pipeline
- Facilitate daily stand-ups with key operations team members to gauge pipeline status and drive action items or next steps
- Report on Operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics on a weekly basis
- Create and foster a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented team culture
We’ll be excited about you because your experience and qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s degree, MBA is a plus
- 4-7 years of experience in business operations
- You possess strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- You are able to identify opportunities for business improvement and take initiative to drive necessary changes
- You embrace challenges - approaching complex problems in an organized and detail-oriented manner
- You have superior Excel and Google sheets skills, including basic financial modeling, and can put together a mean deck/presentation
- You have the ability to work cross functionally as well as independently with minimal supervision
- A passion for data driven, client centric decision makingExcellent written and verbal communication, presentation and problem solving skills
- A demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, changing work environment
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.