Have you ever found yourself or a loved one waiting hours and hours in a hospital Emergency Room to get care? Did you ever feel there weren't enough nurses to take care of all the patients in your area of the hospital? Or have you ever had a surgery scheduled for months in the future that needed to happen sooner? Unfortunately, our healthcare system is full of these types of operational problems. Qventus is looking for an inspirational, operationally excellent, driven engineering leader who can help drive our data strategy and implementation. Our work saves lives and helps hospitals cut tens of millions of dollars in operational costs, while improving the quality of care they’re able to deliver.
Qventus is a real-time decision making platform for hospital operations. Our mission is to simplify how healthcare operates, so that hospitals and caregivers can focus on delivering the best possible care to patients. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products that help nurses, doctors, and hospital staff anticipate issues and make operational decisions proactively.
Qventus works with leading public, academic and community hospitals across the United States. The company was recognized by the 2019 Black Book Awards in healthcare for patient flow and by CB Insights as a 2019 top 100 Most Promising Company in Artificial Intelligence.
We all deeply care about improving healthcare for patients across the country while having fun working with each other. Qventus is looking for an energetic, personable and quick-learning Engineering Manager professional to act as a thought leader within engineering and the broader company to translate business needs into technical requirements and oversee the implementation of associated solutions.
The role will leverage your existing experience, intuition and client feedback to help expand existing use cases and develop new solutions that leverage the Qventus platform. The role requires someone who is ready to 'step outside' of their role to help their teammates, passionate about making healthcare operations more efficient by using their skills to solve real and hard problems, technically-minded, and highly dependable with excellent time management and listening skills.
We all deeply care about improving healthcare for patients across the country while having fun working with each other. What we're looking for in a leader:
- Passionate about growing people and teams.
- Clearly articulates and drives team mission.
- Acts as a thought leader, translating business needs into technical requirements and oversee the implementation of associated solutions.
- Able to act as an ambassador within and outside of engineering across the company.
- Values and relentlessly drives objective decision making.
- Maintains exceptionally high integrity and intellectual honesty.
- Passion to use your skills to solve real and hard problems.
- Ready to 'step outside' your role to help teammates.
- Highly dependable.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Can get into the weeds and work your team leads and our architects and CTO to drive technical decisions when necessary, but is comfortable taking a back seat and facilitating to arrive at the optimal decision. Understands how to distinguish between these two scenarios AND when to make that switch.
- Have a strong philosophy regarding operational excellence as it relates to predictable, efficient software delivery (Agile Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
What you will be doing in this role:
- Leading a team of web and mobile developers to solve some of the most complex problems in health care.
- Effectively resource plan and forecast based on product, team, and broader company needs.
- Work with non-technical partners (including customers) to translate complex technical challenges, projects, and outcomes into easily understood, digestible information.
- Work with product management to distill requirements and challenges into technical requirements for the team.
- Work within the team and the broader engineering organization to curate, distill, and drive economies of scale that can drive the team forward and enable the organization to scale efficiently.
- 2+ years building and managing engineering teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience 5+ years as an engineer/engineering manager.
- Good understanding of and experience working with web and mobile based technologies, understands how the full stack works.
- Mastery level understanding of the software development lifecycle and knows how to run a team to drive it efficiently.
- Good understanding of databases, server side technologies and frameworks, and application servers.
- Python Django (or Flask) experience required.
- React + Redux or React Native experience required.
- Experience working with cloud services and platforms (AWS or Azure or GCP) required.
- MySQL/MariaDB, RDS, Snowflake experience preferred.
- AWS services (EC2, ECS, Lambda, ALB, etc.) preferred.
- Nginx experience preferred.
- Docker experience preferred.
Why You'll Love it Here:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees.
- Open vacation time (and people actually use it!)
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Fun company and team outings and trips because we play just as hard as we work!
- Education reimbursement.
Apply if you are interested in helping us fix healthcare!
Qventus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.