Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
Our team is looking for a Product Manager who is very analytical, organized and has experience driving projects in a fast-paced environment. You’ll help us maximize our current banking product’s potential, and effectively coordinate between other product managers, engineers, designers, analysts, and stakeholders.
Executing on this will require strong qualitative and quantitative research abilities, with a creative mindset and holistic approach to product management. You’ll work iteratively to ship and test features, partnering closely with research, data, design and engineering to help improve our users’ experience with Dave Banking.
- Communicate, coordinate and work closely with stakeholders and product/engineering/design teams to deliver products from idea phase to being in our users’ hands
- Own the product development lifecycle in a cross-functional team with a prioritized roadmap, clear milestones, and short iteration cycles
- Stay in touch with our Customer Success team to understand what they love or don’t love as our banking product evolves
- Deeply understand the needs and behaviors of our users, and generate actionable insights through qualitative and quantitative research to drive product strategy
- Articulate user stories and business parameters, and identify success metrics for new products on an iterative basis
- Facilitate user interviews to grow our team's empathy with Dave members
- Analyze user behavior via SQL, Amplitude, and Braze
In The First Month You Will
- Work closely with the Lead Product Manager for Core Banking to understand the product vision and strategy for Dave Banking
- Ask the right questions both to our team members and our users to gain a strong understanding of Dave and our users’ experience
- Write a minimum of 5 user stories that get delivered to production
- Use Amplitude, Mode Analytics, and cohort data to develop actionable insights that deliver maximum value for our members
- Foster working relationships with engineering and current PMs to understand our development process
In Three Months You Will
- Own the product development lifecycle in a cross-functional team with a prioritized roadmap, clear milestones, and bi-weekly development cycles
- Develop launch plans by defining milestones and a roadmap for your team, scoping/prioritizing features, coordinating timing with other business activities, managing backlogs, and estimating work
- Define and maintain key KPIs to monitor to maximize member satisfaction, engagement, retention, and revenue
- 2+ years of experience leading product features to the finish line
- Able to communicate with ease across all different levels of the organization
- Experience building fintech products
- Deeply interested in building a banking product
- Looking for a place where you will work hard, always learning and growing in the process
- Not afraid of failure
- Representative of Dave’s values: helpful and decent, resourceful, innovative entrepreneur, transparent, and persistent
Benefits & Perks:
· Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Voluntary life insurance plan
· Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.