Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
About the UX Researcher Role:
We are looking for a relentlessly curious UX Researcher to add to our product organization. This role will be a thought and strategic partner in shaping product and design decisions.
This is an exciting career opportunity at a dynamic and mission-driven startup with a talented and diverse team who values the voice and impact of UX research.
Working with cross-functional teams who merits open communication, initiative, and collaboration, this person will continuously advocate for customer-centric experiences in all phases of product development.
Summary of duties
- As part of our Product organization, you will be focused on helping us better understand our 3+ million users' needs, motivations, and pain points to ensure we develop the optimal product experience.
- Executing on this will require strong qualitative and quantitative research abilities, with a creative mindset and a holistic approach to the research function. You'll work & partner closely with Product Management, Product Design, and Engineering to help improve our members' relationship with their finances.
- Develop and distill Dave's research standards across a variety of methodologies, and know when and how to apply them in various product phases. (Ethnographic research, focus groups, field studies, usability benchmarking, user interviews & surveying, card sorting, user persona creation, user journey mapping, etc.)
- Advocate, through the research function, our members’ needs to product leads, designers, and other stakeholders in order to create the best customer experience possible with optimal customer value.
- Frequently communicate research findings to our key stakeholders while rigorously prioritizing the work we should do next.
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, engineers, marketing managers, and data scientists to ensure research is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view our our users.
- Ask thoughtful questions, help define and solve user and business problems, conduct contextual research, synthesize insights, evaluate designs-in-progress, and continuously measure the product’s user experience.
- Define, track and report user experience KPIs.
- This position will report directly to our Chief Design Officer.
- 5+ years of experience in a consumer-facing software environment or equivalent experience.
- Degree in Cognitive/Experimental/Social Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Factors, or a related field.
- Experience conducting user-centered research methods from the ground up, presenting findings and recommendations to stakeholders, and demonstrating impact.
- Strong understanding of different research methods and adapting to meet product needs in a fast paced work environment.
- Comfortable diving into large amounts of quantitative & qualitative data and derive strategic insight from it.
- Working knowledge of Data Analytics tools like Amplitude or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently on multiple projects at once.
- Passion for driving user empathy across the organization.
In the first 30 Days, you will:
- Ask thoughtful questions both to our team members and our customers to gain a strong understanding of Dave and our customer experience.
- Work with the Product team and company stakeholders to understand what research we have done to date and identify growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with the UX Research and Design team in pushing forward UXR initiatives, processes, and systemizing cross-team learning.
In the first 90 Days, you will:
- Conduct user research with existing Dave users and deliver actionable strategic insights to better inform Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering efforts.
- Help standardize UX research processes across teams and create different levels of a research advocate system to make research more accessible and digestible to various stakeholders.
- Infuse user research with product strategy and relentlessly advocate for user needs in all phases of the product development cycle.
Benefits & Perks:
· Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Voluntary life insurance plan
· Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.